Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
3 Posts
I tow a 30 travel trailer. 9950 lbs with full tanks and our camping equipment on board. XD toes it like a champ. Your mileage will suffer much more from a load with a lot of drag than from a lot of weight. I have also towed a flat deck trailer with steel plates as a load. Just over 10k total weight at the time. Still got 17 mpg on the highway at 65. I really want to get a 5th wheel that is around 12k actual weight with around 2k tongue weight. Really want to see how it handles at its "max".

·
1,505 Posts
I tow a 30 travel trailer. 9950 lbs with full tanks and our camping equipment on board. XD toes it like a champ. Your mileage will suffer much more from a load with a lot of drag than from a lot of weight. I have also towed a flat deck trailer with steel plates as a load. Just over 10k total weight at the time. Still got 17 mpg on the highway at 65. I really want to get a 5th wheel that is around 12k actual weight with around 2k tongue weight. Really want to see how it handles at its "max".
I have 14k behind it every now and again. I have a thread about it. Tows it quite well actually. Saga less than my bosses 2019 f250 lol

·
1,265 Posts
What class receiver is on the diesel titan? Class III ?????

·
107 Posts
I towed a 9500 Travel Trailer 2000 miles round trip and power wise it did just fine into a headwind. Fuel economy was around 8mpg and had to stop quite frequently (150 or so miles) due to the small tank. The fill nozzle doesn’t accept truck stop fuel nozzles so you need to use car line or RV pumps. No complaints other than that.

·
21 Posts
I towed a 9500 Travel Trailer 2000 miles round trip and power wise it did just fine into a headwind. Fuel economy was around 8mpg and had to stop quite frequently (150 or so miles) due to the small tank. The fill nozzle doesn’t accept truck stop fuel nozzles so you need to use car line or RV pumps. No complaints other than that.
Just the other day I was pulling a 7000lbs travel trailer through near hurricane force winds across I-80 eastbound from CA to UT. My Titan XD Diesel pulled like a champ. Didn't get pushed around too bad by the wind, breaks like a dream, pulls hard up steep grades. Like you, the only minuses were the 7mpg we were getting bucking those winds, so because of the small fuel tank we had to stop four times along our way. We luckily were able to find RV lanes at every stop, so getting the trailer in and out wasn't an issue. I did find a nozzle adapter on Amazon that I'm going to get and throw in the truck just in case though.

·
2019 P4X
45 Posts
You need one of these! German cars have come with them for quite a while.

·
1 Posts
I jumped on a Love's scale trying to convince the wife she over packed our 29ft, 10k 5th wheel and I was blown away. Total gross overall weight was about 350lbs under mfg recommend (19,450). Only went 180 miles down the road with a few steep back roads and it pulled like a beast AND no problem stopping.

Kind of disappointed they stopped putting the Cummins in. Just needed more R&D time.

2018 Titan XD Platinum Reserve
w/Cummins

·
629 Posts
My cargo trailer runs 9500 when full .. the XD tows it confidently.

·
1,505 Posts
I jumped on a Love's scale trying to convince the wife she over packed our 29ft, 10k 5th wheel and I was blown away. Total gross overall weight was about 350lbs under mfg recommend (19,450). Only went 180 miles down the road with a few steep back roads and it pulled like a beast AND no problem stopping.

Kind of disappointed they stopped putting the Cummins in. Just needed more R&D time.

2018 Titan XD Platinum Reserve
w/Cummins
[/QUOTE
This truck laughs at 10k lol

21 - 29 of 29 Posts