Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago I had the Traction Control and ABS lights come on. Sometimes when I restarted the engine they would not come on and the next start they would. The Dealer replaced the the rear electric Diff position switch and that seemed to solve the issue, well for about a week. Same thing now. They may come on or they may not. Anyone else have the same problem. Rear locking Diff doesn't work or the cruise control when the lights are on. The truck drives fine with the lights on but not having cruise control sucks.

·
114 Posts
In for the info. I just put a flatbed on mine with LED lights and it seems everything is out of sorts. My ABS and TC lights are on. I an hoping it will be fixed when I get the sensors from rear bumper plugged back in

·
645 Posts
I've had it a while back, dealer replaced front right ABS cable.

However, it just came back about a week ago on mine and I'm trying to have it on at the time I can bring it to dealer so they can address the issue again.

Don't know if you noticed, but when those lights are on, say if you were traveling on a highway at speed of 60-65, if you let go your acceleration pedal, the engine speed quickly drops to 625 rpm (idle speed), which it shouldn't have. It should gradually drop as the transmission is still engaged. And when you want to accelerate again, it jumps to 2K and a little above. Plus, the mileage while those lights are on is a little lower than normal.

·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WHile the lights are on the Cruise Control and the locking rear diff don't work. Mine has been at the Dealers for the past three days and so far no luck in finding the issue. I left the truck running while I was checking in at the dealer so they could see the lights. The Lot Boy that drove it from the check in to the waiting or staging lot turned the engine off and they haven't been able to get them to turn back on. These intermittent issues are a real pain to figure out.

·
645 Posts
WHile the lights are on the Cruise Control and the locking rear diff don't work. Mine has been at the Dealers for the past three days and so far no luck in finding the issue. I left the truck running while I was checking in at the dealer so they could see the lights. The Lot Boy that drove it from the check in to the waiting or staging lot turned the engine off and they haven't been able to get them to turn back on. These intermittent issues are a real pain to figure out.
I did the same, checking in while the lights were on.

·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Five days at the dealer. They think it may be some kind of an electronic module. They will order the part today and have it in about a week. Then I'll return the truck for installation. We'll see?

·
645 Posts
Since the ABS warning, traction control, and low tire pressure lights are on, but off intermittently, I decided to dig around myself and found this: a piece of wire from the plug exposed to air, which is right underneath the AC condensation outlet. I cut both of the wires, re-soldered, and epoxy’ed them.

Attachments

·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After four months, the dealer still hasn't been able to fix the ABS, and Traction control lights from coming on sometimes at start up. They have done everything they can think of, and they contacted Nissan for some help. They have ordered a new rear end assembly to be replaced under the powertrain warranty. I'm kinda thinkin this won't fix it either. In the meantime, I got a DEF warning so they are replacing the DEF tank and hose. Can't hardly wait to see what's next.

·
Titan XD 2016
2 Posts
After four months, the dealer still hasn't been able to fix the ABS, and Traction control lights from coming on sometimes at start up. They have done everything they can think of, and they contacted Nissan for some help. They have ordered a new rear end assembly to be replaced under the powertrain warranty. I'm kinda thinkin this won't fix it either. In the meantime, I got a DEF warning so they are replacing the DEF tank and hose. Can't hardly wait to see what's next.
Did you get it resolved?

·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nissan had the dealer install a new rear axle, brake to brake including the diff. Done under the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. That seems to have fixed the ABS,Traction control light issue. The dealer also had to change out the DEF tank and sensor to fix the DEF warning light. That was at my expense $1200.

·
Titan XD 2016
2 Posts
Nissan had the dealer install a new rear axle, brake to brake including the diff. Done under the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. That seems to have fixed the ABS,Traction control light issue. The dealer also had to change out the DEF tank and sensor to fix the DEF warning light. That was at my expense $1200.
Thanks for the update. Mine trips the traction control and kills the power around right-hand bends above about 35 mph. I figure it’s in one of the speed sensors on the back axle, or maybe in its harness somewhere. Maybe I should go to your dealer and get a new rear-end! I’m done with Nissan mechanics that got a 2 hour course on these trucks and ask me to throw money at them. They’ve had it 8 times and done nothing, I’ll fix it, I’m a persistent SOB. Then I’ll let the Lemon-law lawyer drive it up their ass. It will get further up once it has reliable traction control...

·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you noticed that the cruise control, and Locking Rear Diff won't work if the lights are on and the trans torque converter won't lock if the lights are on. Great for burning more fuel than it already does.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts