Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not tow a trailer with electric brakes so the brake actuator in the truck is useless to me. Is there any way to turn it off so there are no blinking LED lights? I looked at the fuse box and considered pulling a fuse but it wasn't clear which brakes the fuse would effect so I left it alone.

·
705 Posts
Mine either. Was wondering if maybe it blinks when you have something connected that does t have trailer brakes. I've not pulled anything without trailer brakes yet.

2016 Diesel Titan XD PR - Java, bone stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I get it now--- I have a camper currently in the bed of the truck and had an RV socket mounted in the bed---with the camper pig-tail plugged in, the truck thinks we're towing which explains the powered-up actuator (guessing here but from the above comments, seems to make sense)

I didn't want to pull any fuses---worried it might effect the RV socket power to the camper

The LED lights of the actuator are annoying for night time driving---looks like a piece of black-out tape is in order

·
705 Posts
Ahh, could be the culprit. The the brake controller may not like the wiring because when I have my trailer hooked up, there's still no blinking going on. Just a ".c." which I assume stands for connected because when I don't have a trailer hooked up its just ". ." on the display.

·
3 Posts
ok be gentle.. first time towing with my 17 titan xd. I connected the wiring harness and the trailer lights are ok, but the stock brake controller still shows . . and when I do the manual squeeze it shows n.c. . So i know its not sending any brake singals. What's the most probable cause? thanks in advance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts