Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed but I cant find the damn post. Where is the dipstick located and what the procedure to get that bad boy out? About to do a spill and fill

·
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured it out... nevermind, damn intake tube was hiding it

·
91 Posts
It has a tab you need to push in to release, it can be easily cut off with a Dremel to make it easier to check

·
620 Posts
Not sure what you mean by ‘push out’, but it had a locking feature. You can depress it with a tiny flathead to unlock it.
Like said before, you can snip/dremel/file that lock off to make it easier in the future.

·
147 Posts
Or you can snap the tab off with a screwdriver watching it fly across your garage lost forever, and never plug a Dremrel in. (I’ve heard)

·
185 Posts
i think that' how mine ended up Hunter -- after spending way too many minutes trying to get the damn thing out the first time (at least half an hour) I finally was able to pry it out with a screwdriver, and in the process bent the locking tab somehow (in a good way actually). now the dipstick goes in and out like a normal dipstick and i can actually check it at a gas station etc when i'm filling up and checking the oil too. and the dipstick has never come loose or tried to pop out so that stupid locking tab really isn't needed honestly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts