Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there no way to check trans fluid on the gasser xd? Can't find it to save my life. 2006 titan was easy, just had to remove the bolt on the dip stick.

·
492 Posts
Is there no way to check trans fluid on the gasser xd? Can't find it to save my life. 2006 titan was easy, just had to remove the bolt on the dip stick.
From the XD owners manual
7-SPEED AUTOMATIC
TRANSMISSION FLUID (ATF)
(gasoline engine only)

When checking or replacement is required, we
recommend a NISSAN dealer for servicing.
CAUTION
● NISSAN recommends using Genuine
NISSAN Matic S ATF. Do not mix with
other fluids.
● Do not use CVT fluid or manual transmission
fluid in this transmission. Damage
caused by the use of fluids other
than as recommended is not covered
under NISSAN’s New Vehicle Limited
Warranty.
● Using fluids that are not equivalent to
Genuine NISSAN Matic S ATF may also
damage the transmission. Damage
caused by the use of fluids other than as
recommended is not covered under
NISSAN’s New Vehicle Limited
Warranty.
The specified automatic transmission fluid is also
described on caution labels located in the engine
compartment.

·
1,979 Posts
Read the maintenance schedule and go by that. You shouldn't even need to think about looking at it at this point.

·
911 Posts
There is probably no dipstick to check the fluid level. The newer fluids used expand and contract large amounts so they have to be checked at a specific temperature. We have to bring the transmission into that range, slightly overfill it with fluid and let the extra fluid drain out to set the correct level. I will confirm that is the procedure on the XD.

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe his question was: "Where is the dipstick on the gas engine model"?
yes, thanks for clarifying.

The only reason I started looking and wanting to check it as I'm not happy with the way its shifting and just wanted to be sure it wasn't a fluid issue. I will try to make a video of how its shifting and see if you guys think its normal for the gasser. Will go back to dealer when I get some free time so they can check it out.

·
1,979 Posts

The only reason I started looking and wanting to check it as I'm not happy with the way its shifting and just wanted to be sure it wasn't a fluid issue. I will try to make a video of how its shifting and see if you guys think its normal for the gasser. Will go back to dealer when I get some free time so they can check it out.
That transmission is nothing like the 5sp you are used too, you & the transmission are learning what's normal.

·
70 Posts
That transmission is nothing like the 5sp you are used too, you & the transmission are learning what's normal.
The more I drive, my 5 speed seems to be learning how I drive and is much smoother than when new.
I am thinking yours will do the same....

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
The more I drive, my 5 speed seems to be learning how I drive and is much smoother than when new.
I am thinking yours will do the same....
Do you have an old generation titan?

The xd diesel is 6 speed and xd gas is 7 speed.

·
348 Posts

It has taken me about 2 weeks to figure mine out. Especially when starting off a line and it shifts from 1 to 2, or sometimes 2 to 3. I have found that you have to keep the minimum RPMs around 1800 - 2000, otherwise when it shifts and drops to 1100, it feels almost sluggish, like it wants to stall. It is a totally different style of driving than the first gen. Titans.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts