Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been having a rpm flutter identical to this issue http://www.titanxdforum.com/#/forumsite/20813/topics/14098?page=1
I dropped the truck off on tuesday because it was drifting to the right and this Rpm fluttering. I got a call yesterday stating that the alignment was fixed and that they updated the ecu and were trying to update the tcu. They said it would get about half way through programming and it would just stop. Told me they needed another day with it. I got a call today and the service manager told me they were able to update the tcu, as soon as they took it out for a drive the check engine light came on and it threw a code to replace the TCU. So now I'm stuck without a truck... He said they put a rush order in and hopefully it will be in soon.

·
93 Posts
Let me know what happens when the TCU is replaced. I haven't brought mine in yet because I've selfishly been waiting for more trucks to get out there and increase the likelihood of having software that fixes it when I finally take it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll keep everyone filled in with the outcome. Hopefully this will be the last problem because I really love the truck. I had a 2008 nissan titan CC that was a work horse and was really anticipating the release of the XD.

·
658 Posts
Let me know what happens when the TCU is replaced. I haven't brought mine in yet because I've selfishly been waiting for more trucks to get out there and increase the likelihood of having software that fixes it when I finally take it in.

That's not selfish, it's smart!

·
154 Posts
That's not selfish, it's smart!

very smart indeed. if only i had patience to wait it out. instead me and my truck are test dummies for nissan.

agree with OP i love truck too hopefully all the issues get resolved

·
1,300 Posts
Ya they should be getting that fix figured out pretty quick. It won't take them too long hopefully to get you up and running

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I got the truck bad last Friday. The alignment is good and it drives straight but unfortunately the fluttering is still there. They replaced the TCM and updated it and did a ecu update. I will say the truck feels a lot more responsive and accelerates better but the tranmission seems to shift harder. I'm just going to deal with the fluttering for now... For anyone having issues with their alignment here are my specs.

Attachments

·
43 Posts
im not 100% sure about these transmissions but after 5,000 miles mine started to shift normal. I bet there is a relearn on the transmission for something.

·
93 Posts
I feel like the RPM flare between 1st and 2nd is getting worse (certainly not better). The fluttering is about the same. I'm at about 3200 miles now. If something changes at 5000, that would be great.

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I feel like the RPM flare between 1st and 2nd is getting worse (certainly not better). The fluttering is about the same. I'm at about 3200 miles now. If something changes at 5000, that would be great.

I'm at 3,200 miles too. It just sucks because I feel like if it isn't throwing some type of code nissan is not trying to find out what the problem is. And their techs are more than likely clueless about this diesel setup. So at this point only time will tell...

·
26 Posts
I'm a Nissan master tech and diesel tech in Roanoke from what I have been told the Tcm needs to relearn and no specific mileage is known as to how "many" miles it takes. I'm around 600 miles since I've reprogrammed my Tcm and some days it shift smooth the next it shifts like **** very frustrating so I'm in the same boat as y'all.

·
712 Posts
A couple times yesterday my truck felt odd when pulling away from a stop.
It literally felt like a slight clutch shudder. Like you'd get when pulling away in a manual trans truck.
(you guys know what that is right? Big stick in the floor, 3 pedals under your feet)

And I had a traction control light a few times. And the truck wasn't spinning.
Will it flash during hard cornering?

·
772 Posts
A couple times yesterday my truck felt odd when pulling away from a stop.
It literally felt like a slight clutch shudder. Like you'd get when pulling away in a manual trans truck.
(you guys know what that is right? Big stick in the floor, 3 pedals under your feet)

And I had a traction control light a few times. And the truck wasn't spinning.
Will it flash during hard cornering?
first gen titan VDC is stupid sensitive, so yes it'll flash in hard corners.

·
3 Posts
Just dropped my 2017 5.6 pro4X off at the dealer this morning for rpm flutter and bad throttle response while it's fluttering, got a call back this afternoon from the master tech at my dealer and he found the wires to the knock sensor had been pinched and cut in half from the factory, he said it retards the timing to compensate which causes the rpm flutter, I'm wondering how many others came out of the factory like this.

·
348 Posts
Flip, my 16 5.6 Pro4X does the same thing, randomly. Have noticed mainly at take offs from stop during light throttle, seems to bounce from second through third then to fourth at 20 mph and 1200 rpm. I've learned to be quick on the manual downshift and get back to third for normal acceleration. Also, the revs surge sometimes from third to fourth. My dealer is going to re flash with latest version at next oil change. But I'm sure going to mention this and have them check it out.

·
701 Posts
Check your tire pressures also ... If it is touchy system to start with a tc lite could be execerbated by any slight diff. In wheel diameter ..xxx

1 - 20 of 21 Posts