Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now this is weird. 2 days ago, as I pull in the driveway (with a little slope) as I usually do, put the gear in Park, release the brake, the truck back itself a little and a click sound from transmission was heard. And when I'm coming to a stop (stop-sign or red-light), near a stopping point, the transmission has a light kick as if it was hesitated to go to 1 from 2. This never happened before and it seems weird.

The truck is now 125K miles. Transmission oil was flushed at 100K miles.

Yesterday, I tried to pay attention to the transmission as I came home, it didn't happen.

·
519 Posts
Now this is weird. 2 days ago, as I pull in the driveway (with a little slope) as I usually do, put the gear in Park, release the brake, the truck back itself a little and a click sound from transmission was heard. And when I'm coming to a stop (stop-sign or red-light), near a stopping point, the transmission has a light kick as if it was hesitated to go to 1 from 2. This never happened before and it seems weird.

The truck is now 125K miles. Transmission oil was flushed at 100K miles.

Yesterday, I tried to pay attention to the transmission as I came home, it didn't happen.
When this happened to me, it was the beginning of some bigger issues. The next thing I had happen, was the truck stalled a few times at stop lights over a month timeframe. Then a few weeks later truck locked up on me completely. Blown turbo, EGR failure, and possibly more (I didn't pay to find out what else happened). All happened at about 150K miles. I would get it in right now for a check because you may be able to get it fixed before it causes a different and more expensive issue. I thought it was super strange that a mild transmission blip followed by a few engine stalls was my initial symptoms of a bigger issue, but that was the beginning of the end of my Cummins XD.

Hope the same doesn't happen to you and that yours is no big deal. I traded my Cummins XD for a Gasser XD, best move I ever made.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
799 Posts
I get a bit of a grinding sound on the 2-1 shift while in tow mode. Otherwise the transmission behaves basically flawless.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
799 Posts
Grinding?! Nothing is flawless about grinding.
Alternatively it could sound like oil being passed through a small orifice at high pressure. There is no flaws in the overall transmission behaviour, nothing in the oil and it gets changed… I don’t know what it is. Only does it in tow mode, under slack or near to slack throttle, when the transmission finally decides to go 2 to 1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts