Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
45 Posts
Thats real heavy liad for regular. Suggest put back in tow mode. Have you had a diesel before? Towed real heavy in mountains? The aisin is an intelligent tranny and will adapt shifting based on last 100 miles or so and may have just been doing that which became noticeable too you on more level grade. Yoyre tranny is still bew and not even broke in. I went bout 7k towing prior to “break-in” being complete as I experienced it
thanks for the response...this forum has saved me more times than I can say..NO..have NEVER had a diesel before. Thanks for the info on the tranny..had no idea. Smart tranny...had no idea...yes towed heavy in the mountains...kicking up the RPMs before shifting...makes sense as was in the black hills. Question: I went on you tube and found out how to initiate the TOW mode...push the button...not sure what the + - is on the TOW mode lever????on the right???

·
329 Posts
thanks for the response...this forum has saved me more times than I can say..NO..have NEVER had a diesel before. Thanks for the info on the tranny..had no idea. Smart tranny...had no idea...yes towed heavy in the mountains...kicking up the RPMs before shifting...makes sense as was in the black hills. Question: I went on you tube and found out how to initiate the TOW mode...push the button...not sure what the + - is on the TOW mode lever????on the right???
fuck sake...its for the gears. Read the manual before driving again.

·
Banned
356 Posts
I love my truck and can see me keeping it for a few years, just hoping they come up with a fix for the hesitation.
A pedal commander will eliminate that issue. My Ram 3500 (2017) also had it. I am deleted, but the Pedal Commander was my very first and very best upgrade.

As for the transmission, mine has not given me a single issue other than the shift profile is a little soft. The 5.0 makes power a little higher than the 6.7. I would like to see the trans hold a little longer at part throttle and downshift a touch quicker, but not a big deal. Now that I am deleted I would like to see about loosening the Torque Converter a little as well.

·
1,324 Posts
A pedal commander will eliminate that issue. My Ram 3500 (2017) also had it. I am deleted, but the Pedal Commander was my very first and very best upgrade.

As for the transmission, mine has not given me a single issue other than the shift profile is a little soft. The 5.0 makes power a little higher than the 6.7. I would like to see the trans hold a little longer at part throttle and downshift a touch quicker, but not a big deal. Now that I am deleted I would like to see about loosening the Torque Converter a little as well.

Wish i could drop the money for this!

·
1,324 Posts
fuck sake...its for the gears. Read the manual before driving again.

Dont mess with the + or - unless you really figure it out. Its an automated manual gear selector but can get you in trouble with way over-speeding gears if dont know what your doing.

·
78 Posts
I know this is a late reply but IF you use the + and _ in the column, it is like manual shifting....And try not to let it go above 3K without shifting it.... I have to do this when pulling my little 7K camping trailer up a 6% grade at about 6K-7K elevation.... I don't like doing 45 up a hill.. LOL... It's actually not too bad ... when I hit the - button it automatically drops into 4th and away we go... just keep an eye on it and shift it... most people will simply put it into tow mode and mash the pedal to get up the hills and that's fine too I suppose....

·
92 Posts
-It is funny that aftermarket guys can fix the problems with a software flash/tune while the engineers making the trucks seem clueless-

who is the aftermarket tuner that has been working on this software fix for the trans? If there is such a person, they are putting alot of hours out since the ones with problems are still under warranty and get the flash for free from the dealer.
The dealership flashed mine and it fixed nothing !The dealership has no desire to fix the issue. First they told me diesel trucks just shift hard , then they told me if I was towing something it wouldn't shift hard any more And there were no updates after reading the forum I informed the dealership of the transmission upate they flashed it . And it still shifts hard .

·
1 Posts
My titan had terrible shuddering during acceleration and my dealership says it's the nature of the vehicle. Wow. Nissan customer service said they can't see a code so we have to document it with the dealer which I have done 15+ times. I'm thinking the bs will end when I sue them. No court would agree with them. You can't even sell it when it shudders that bad

41 - 50 of 50 Posts