Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Towed my camper out on the beach this past weekend. Fourth time I have had it out. Camper loaded with water is in the 10,200 lbs range. All tires aired down to 20 lbs psi, truck and trailer. 1st three times this year went real smooth. This time sat in a little traffic on way out, Pulled out to my spot, went to back in and truck did not move. Apparently a fail safe in transmission. Checked gauge and was surprised to see the fluid was that hot. Truck was not really placed under that much stress. Not sure if it's a gauge malfunction or fluid did heat up that much. My 2007 Tundra worked much harder in softer sand and never had this issue.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took a few minutes to cool down enough to drop 1 notch on gauge, tried moving again, a couple feet and shot to cut off point again, so i let it sit a few more minutes and got her parked in my spot.
I disconnected and would say after about 15 minutes, got back into truck to move and fluid was in normal operating range again. Like nothing ever happened. Understand the transmission safeguard, but think there should be some kind of warning or dummy light before it shuts down. I scrolled through information panel to check gauges after it stopped moving. Didn't think i was working truck that hard.

·
1,265 Posts
When I first got my XD diesel, coolant was down almost 3 quarts... Dealer topped it off and all was good since. Is your coolant level OK?

I have carried my slide in truck camper onto the beach several times in 4x4 high range with tires aired down to 40 psi and haven't had any transmission issues yet.....

Let me know what you find out!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I first got my XD diesel, coolant was down almost 3 quarts... Dealer topped it off and all was good since. Is your coolant level OK?

I have carried my slide in truck camper onto the beach several times in 4x4 high range with tires aired down to 40 psi and haven't had any transmission issues yet.....

Let me know what you find out!
Thanks for info, will definitely check my level when i get home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts