So for anyone looking at a truck to replace their aging Titan XD with, here are some of my thoughts after two weeks of F150 Limited trim ownership in comparison;
- Brakes are more confidence inspiring in the Titan. The F150 brakes are fine, but they feel like I would almost imagine: Light duty.
- Seats - I would give the edge to the F150 only because they have the massage function. I would say the Titan seats had higher backs though which would be preferable. I am 6' 3" so if I had my choice, I would have the Titan seat with the F150 massage function .
- Seats- OMG i missed having electric heated seats!!!!! Soooo much better. I found the air heated seats in my Titan absolutely horrible. And that is after the TSB...
- Engine - I have the 3.5L HO engine which is 450hp and 515 or so torque. I actually really like this engine quite a bit. But I do miss some of the low end diesel grunt. Reliability is yet to be determined. If you log onto the F150 forums everybody's engine is going to blow up lol. But as with anything, I take with a grain of salt. My work fleet truck is a 3.5L v6 and even though it does have the timing chain rattle upon startup, it is still going strong at 170 000kms.
- Entertainment system - I would say a tie. Neither knocks my socks off. They are both adequate.
- Steering - OMG my truck tracks straight now!!!! First time since 2017! lol. I won't miss the constant pulling to the right in my Titan that nobody could fix.
- Transmission: The F150 tranny is smoother for sure, but I'm really not in agreement with "more is better" in this case. I find the shifts excessive. I would rather have a 6 speed. I actually loved to hate my Nissan tranny. It was rough sometimes but I got to know its idiosyncrasies and didn't mind them after all.
- Paint - So far, again a draw. I didn't mind my Titan paint or my F150 paint.