Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
313 Posts
Just in the last 10-15 years or so (?) trucks have started getting really quiet and luxurious.. Our 2011 F150 is amazingly quiet compared to the 2009 Tacoma, and it looks like the Titan XD will be too, or even better. The amount of effort they put into it is remarkable. And it's no wonder new trucks are getting more expensive.

In another video they say they want you to hear the diesel a bit. So they're trying to reduce some noise sources but not others. Guess it's the same with other luxury vehicles (like Jaguars) with their carefully tuned exhaust notes. Hilarious, but, again, expensive. These sound engineers/technicians have to be paid somehow.

A lot of people complain about the cost of a new truck these days, but you are getting a lot better truck than you used to. I like the lower noise levels in the cab. I like Jaguars and Teslas too, but I can't afford one. Just hope I can afford a Titan XD.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Just in the last 10-15 years or so (?) trucks have started getting really quiet and luxurious.. Our 2011 F150 is amazingly quiet compared to the 2009 Tacoma, and it looks like the Titan XD will be too, or even better. The amount of effort they put into it is remarkable. And it's no wonder new trucks are getting more expensive.

In another video they say they want you to hear the diesel a bit. So they're trying to reduce some noise sources but not others. Guess it's the same with other luxury vehicles (like Jaguars) with their carefully tuned exhaust notes. Hilarious, but, again, expensive. These sound engineers/technicians have to be paid somehow.

A lot of people complain about the cost of a new truck these days, but you are getting a lot better truck than you used to. I like the lower noise levels in the cab. I like Jaguars and Teslas too, but I can't afford one. Just hope I can afford a Titan XD.
Very great points. I think if you look back to the 80's and 90's, people had trucks that they used exclusively for truck tasks...And when they carted the family to Church on Sunday or went on a family trip, they parked the truck and took the Ford Taurus etc..Now what I see, which holds true for my situation as well is, when I buy a truck, I buy it to be a car, SUV, truck and mobile office. It really is a Swiss Army Knife of vehicles. Can it be a Ferrari or a Maybach? No. But it can do alot!! :)

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
I think GM should be credited with starting the luxury truck market. In the mid 90's no one had a full-size truck as comfortable and as nicely laid out inside as GM. Ford and Dodge trucks were very spartan still.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I think GM should be credited with starting the luxury truck market. In the mid 90's no one had a full-size truck as comfortable and as nicely laid out inside as GM. Ford and Dodge trucks were very spartan still.
Yup! And the coldest darn air conditioning on the planet!!:grin2:

·
313 Posts
Very great points. I think if you look back to the 80's and 90's, people had trucks that they used exclusively for truck tasks...And when they carted the family to Church on Sunday or went on a family trip, they parked the truck and took the Ford Taurus etc..Now what I see, which holds true for my situation as well is, when I buy a truck, I buy it to be a car, SUV, truck and mobile office. It really is a Swiss Army Knife of vehicles. Can it be a Ferrari or a Maybach? No. But it can do alot!! :)
Yes, our truck is predominantly a tow truck. And when in Ontario it's mostly parked, and we use the Cruze Eco instead.

But we're snowbirds too, so it's our only vehicle when in Florida. Also we spend a lot of time in it towing the trailer out west to see family.

So it's definitely nice for us to have a comfortable, quiet tow truck. Probably next August we'll be making some hard decisions about getting a new one. Going to be an interesting year ...

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Yes, our truck is predominantly a tow truck. And when in Ontario it's mostly parked, and we use the Cruze Eco instead.

But we're snowbirds too, so it's our only vehicle when in Florida. Also we spend a lot of time in it towing the trailer out west to see family.

So it's definitely nice for us to have a comfortable, quiet tow truck. Probably next August we'll be making some hard decisions about getting a new one. Going to be an interesting year ...
Fantastic!!

Its kind of neat having so many good trucks to choose from :)

Good luck!

M1lks

·
857 Posts
When seeing a vehicle for the first time at the dealership I make it a point to see it just around the time the sun it about to set, since THAT sort of natural lighting usually does best, not too bright not too dark.

·
36 Posts
When seeing a vehicle for the first time at the dealership I make it a point to see it just around the time the sun it about to set, since THAT sort of natural lighting usually does best, not too bright not too dark.
We're talking about "vehicles" and "dealerships" still, right? :angel:

·
235 Posts
That is a very high tech method of pinpointing the source of the cabin noise. Can't wait until the Titan XD is available for test driving. I want to take it over all the pot holes!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts