Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
608 Posts
Hey @NavyCuda. Thanks for posting this up for us. I have reposted it here embedded. To do that you just need to take the 's' off of the "https" at the beginning of the website url.

·
107 Posts
Nice shots of the dash lightning. Also did you see the ram ecodiesel? Guess they want to compare it with it, make sense. Would like to se the 6th video with it some towing and see the engine rpm different speeds!

·
857 Posts
Nissan also included this video with a press release, here is the release:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Contrasting the clinical procedures and mild climates seen in Chapter 4 of Nissan "TITAN Truckumentary," the latest episode of this behind-the-scenes truck development series tracks engineers performing cold weather testing on the next-generation TITAN.

Filming took place in late 2014 and early 2015 in and around Durango, Colorado; Fairbanks, Alaska; and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

These tests covered a variety of cold weather concerns and complement the durability procedures seen in the previous "TITAN Truckumentary" episode. Engineer Craig Pike notes the significance of the tests in illuminating the "kinds of things . . . we could never simulate on the track in Arizona."

The importance of real-world engineering tests is encapsulated in a quote from TITAN senior product planning manager Carl Phillips: "There is a lot that our engineers can do behind the computer screen and in the laboratory or in the proving grounds. But you can never replicate what goes on in the real world."

The video and accompanying photos can be accessed via Nissan's online newsroom at NissanNews.com/TITAN. The video can also be viewed on Nissan's YouTube channel.

*The 2016 TITAN XD is not yet available for sale. The model shown in this video is a pre-production vehicle.

·
88 Posts
It's good to see Nissan putting so much effort into the Titan XD. All this effort will pay off when this car is out and customers get to see how truly great this truck is (I for sure can't wait!).

·
857 Posts
It's good to see Nissan putting so much effort into the Titan XD. All this effort will pay off when this car is out and customers get to see how truly great this truck is (I for sure can't wait!).
and that will be the other part of testing it, seeing how it does when it's finally out, will be some interesting times.

·
608 Posts
HOPEFULLY, all this effort will pay off when this car comes out. I'm sure this marketing will have a positive effect on the truck's reception, and it was probably a needed marketing campaign given how competitive the segment is.

·
857 Posts
HOPEFULLY, all this effort will pay off when this car comes out. I'm sure this marketing will have a positive effect on the truck's reception, and it was probably a needed marketing campaign given how competitive the segment is.
Marketing and content like that only go so far .
Even more so when it comes to competition. How it compares to the competition is what really matters, then of course there's the badge that matters for some.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marketing and content like that only go so far .
Even more so when it comes to competition. How it compares to the competition is what really matters, then of course there's the badge that matters for some.
It's worth noting, that the Cummins badge comes with a reasonable expectation of power, reliability and longevity.

·
857 Posts
It's worth noting, that the Cummins badge comes with a reasonable expectation of power, reliability and longevity.
Yes, and speaking of that, it would be interesting if they polled people on what their buying motivations were when considering the new Titan, with 'Cummins Engine' being one of many things to select from a list, and seeing how many selected that.

Cummins powerplant sure raised my interest.

·
28 Posts
Yes, and speaking of that, it would be interesting if they polled people on what their buying motivations were when considering the new Titan, with 'Cummins Engine' being one of many things to select from a list, and seeing how many selected that.

Cummins powerplant sure raised my interest.
My thoughts exactly.

·
340 Posts
I have a question, Toyota is supposed to use the same ISV in the Tundra in its next design cycle, would anyone wait?

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a question, Toyota is supposed to use the same ISV in the Tundra in its next design cycle, would anyone wait?
I thought about it, but I like Nissans better and I'd rather reward Nissan for their long term involvement with the ISV. Toyota is just jumping in at the last minute.

·
313 Posts
Reports I've read talk about Toyota using the Cummins as a "placeholder" until they get their own diesel ready (made by Hino). Apparently they had been working on it earlier but mothballed it in 2008 or so.

That doesn't really create confidence in the long-term prospects for the truck/engine.

Either way, I won't believe it until I see it. The Nissan is definitely here and looks like a real player.

·
340 Posts
i suppose, although nissan did take it over after RAM kicked it. to me it seems a bit 6 of one half dozen of the other... but re the hino thing, makes sense, but then again, hino wouldn't pull in the market recognition as cummins will, its just a brand thing...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts