Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2018 SV and 80% of the miles are towing around 8000 lbs. I think I've got about a year left of my warranty (need to get it in for some paint defects and other small things) and looking to lose weight and retire it to the farm when the warranty is up. What are you guys that tow using for tunes? I really don't need much if any more power to tow, the truck does fine as is and losing weight is only going to help that naturally freeing up power, I'm looking for MPG and reliability. If I could save money and not buy multiple tunes and SOF it wouldn't hurt my feelings. The truck feels better towing than my grandfather's 2500 with the 5.9 so I'm a bit excited to lose weight and feel that much better.

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
883 Posts
it's 100% better tuned, even at the stock level. Tuning wouldn't effect warranty for paint etc, for the record. When I did my tuning they allowed me to pay for a single tune but I could use each different level for one month, and whichever one I left it on at that month mark stayed and the rest disappeared. idk if that's still a thing but I would call and ask, that way you can decide for yourself which one suits your driving style best.

·
2017 Titan XD SV
33 Posts
I have a 2017 XD with a tuner/SOTF and really never go past setting 2 which is +40hp. I have tried the higher settings just to see what is would feel like! I tow a toy hauler in the summer and the performance since tuning is unreal compared to stock. Not that much better in the mileage but much more enjoyable to drive. If I were to go back and purchase knowing what I know now I would buy a tuner with the one setting and choose the correct tune.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts