Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

181 - 184 of 184 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #181 (Edited)
Still running great my truck is a joy to drive.
When it comes smog time reload the stock tune and drive a good 100 miles.
All my emissions on tunes have 4 of 6 sensors disabled and she will not pass CA smog.
The stock tune reload turns all the sensors back on and solves this.

Lots of questions about egr flow. The tuner (Proven Diesel) is optimizing stock egt parameters. A little egr flow can help keep operating temperatures where they belong with an otherwise stock motor. You want the power increase but you want her to run clean. Too cold intake charge temps can create messy egt temps. Egr defeat is not a full egr delete buts keeps the intake track cleaner and proper egts keep your exhaust clean. A real balancing act.
Best to everyone and happy new year.

egt= exhaust gas temperature. egr= exhaust gas recirculation

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
1 more thing for those of you running emissions on tunes. Again only at smog test time in addition to re-loading the stock tune you will need to unplug your sotf switch and plug the crankcase pressure sensor back into the main harness.
If you skip this step you will be plagued with check engine lights and PO 51D crankcase circulation pressure high and PO 601 ecm internal memory checksum invalid codes and not pass smog.
My next full time tune will be the straight (not sotf) 120hp emissions on tune with my i drive at U9 and the crankcase pressure sensor plugged into the main harness instead of the shift on the fly controller. My truck gets the best fuel mileage and best drive ability with the 120hp tune and she really scoots.

·
1,436 Posts
What’s your mileage now Gary? Curious how far you have made it along. I assume no issues with turbo or emissions system.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
All good over 25,000 miles tuned with emissions on, no issues.
Passed CA smog, a visual check and a check for function of six sensors through the OBD II port.

181 - 184 of 184 Posts