Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
What is happening is once the def drops to 35% the tune shows a fault of def to low and stops doing regens. With the SOTF tune the trucks runs like SHIT, shutters and the exhaust seems to have a burning smell.
Sounds like ppei cant do an emissions tune for shit. The tune this other guy is using is apparently flawless

·
6 Posts
All there emission tunes I have tried so far have major issues they try a few times to fix them then ignor you. Have tried messaging the owner but no reply.

·
78 Posts
So with the EPA cracking down on all the stuff they want to do, are there still any emmission tuners out there still? Something similar to Gary's tune?

·
968 Posts
Dude- you literally answered your own question. Emissions equipment is a requirement- so, yeah, all the US based tuners are going to offer emissions intact tunes, only. Buying US sourced ‘race’ tunes are a thing of the past- unless you have some low key source.

There are plenty of threads about tuning/tuners/deletes etc.- just have to read.

·
78 Posts
What I meant by the EPA cracking down was trying to get states to start doing the commiefornia BS.... like roadside checkpoints and all that jazz.. I live in Utah and haven't seen many XD diesels around here... and I work at Hill AFB, you would think there is some sort of group around here.. but I was asking if Gary's tune was still doing well... you know that thing called longevity? I've looked at PPEI, Proven Diesel, CCT and HPP tunes... am I missing any other tuners out there? I'd love something somewhere close so I can talk to actual people face to face and not really over the phone but if that's what I have to do then so be it.....
I live in a non-emissions check county anyway but I do want to keep some sort of warranty... I know they can check for a tune but my stealership is still learning it seems... I even have to tell the parts guys which parts I need because of this forum... I've learned a ton here... just asking questions.. :)

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
I went back and read the whole thread.
The only things I can add, I received upgrades from Proven Diesel.
Smooth, powerful, reliable, clean tail pipe uses 1/10th the def fluid. I could not be happier.
Have regens cut back or still the same?

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Have regens cut back or still the same?
Good question. Nothing to fear but something to understand.
If I have nothing but hi-way miles regens are passive and hardly noticeable.
Hard regens where idle goes up and you hear regen occur when I spend all my time in traffic, only 1 hard regen so far. A hard regen is when the exhaust valves and injectors stay open longer the extra fuel burns the soot collected by the dpf, these events are usually on the 24 hour clock last about 20 minutes. I also read that regens can be more frequent if the dpf reads soot load after a full burn.
If possible accelerate firmly then feather the throttle whenever possible to help that soot level stay low.

·
78 Posts
This is looking more and more like the route I'm going to go..... You're using the full tune set-up right? with all the tunes with a sotf setup? I was on their site not too long ago and they have a wide range of tunes....

·
98 Posts
Why not just delete it all? I’ve been running fully deleted for the last 60K miles And I’m ready to put a Larger turbo and new intercooler.

·
2 Posts
I did it today.
Proven Diesel emissions tunes egr off, dpf and scr on.
Full support package, sotf 30, 60, 90, 120, 150 bumps.

Think I might visit my local dyno after some learning.
How many miles have you put on truck since tuning? Everything still good?

141 - 160 of 184 Posts