Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been pretty fed up with my DPF recently with a lot of problems it's given me, and it needs to go. I don't want to buy a tuner since all I want to do is eliminate the DPF somehow. Do you guys think it would be possible to unbolt the flexpipe from the DPF inlet pipe and allow it to hang there without it throwing codes? I don't see why it would give an issue.

·
495 Posts
I don't think you're going to get any advice here about deleting, modifying, or otherwise tampering with the emission control system. The good-old-days of deleting are behind us now that the EPA has decided to go after anyone offering delete parts or services.

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you're going to get any advice here about deleting, modifying, or otherwise tampering with the emission control system. The good-old-days of deleting are behind us now that the EPA has decided to go after anyone offering delete parts or services.
That's exactly why I said "Tuner free" because I'm probably not gonna be able to find one. Since nobody will make money off of telling me if this is an effective means of a exhaust system delete, they won't be in trouble.

·
Banned
356 Posts
Hey guys, I've been pretty fed up with my DPF recently with a lot of problems it's given me, and it needs to go. I don't want to buy a tuner since all I want to do is eliminate the DPF somehow. Do you guys think it would be possible to unbolt the flexpipe from the DPF inlet pipe and allow it to hang there without it throwing codes? I don't see why it would give an issue.
No, doesn't work that way. the truck will see that there is no flow through the DPF, to big a temperature variation in the EGTs, and a host of other issues. Bottom line is you would throw codes and put the truck into limp mode. If you are going to delete your truck, it has to be reprogrammed to eliminate the DPF from the system.

Disclaimer: I am not advocating deleting emissions equipment from a vehicle that comes from the factory with it. The above is for informational purposes only.

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, doesn't work that way. the truck will see that there is no flow through the DPF, to big a temperature variation in the EGTs, and a host of other issues. Bottom line is you would throw codes and put the truck into limp mode. If you are going to delete your truck, it has to be reprogrammed to eliminate the DPF from the system.

Disclaimer: I am not advocating deleting emissions equipment from a vehicle that comes from the factory with it. The above is for informational purposes only.
Thank you for the information you gave me for educational purposes only

1 - 7 of 7 Posts