Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a 2019 Titan XD Diesel. When I bought it new, it came with a 100,000 / 10 year warranty which is phenomenal. But, I've been watching videos and videos of people getting their titan tuned with DEF delete. I absolutely love the sound of the truck when tuned. I am definitely looking into getting it done but I have a few questions regarding the tuning kit and DEF delete kit.

One, do you have to do both? I dont mind keeping the DEF, but from what Ive read the truck performs better all around once the DEF is deleted. Is this true? Has anyone only done the Tuning, but not DEF delete?

Two, has anyone ever had any issues once they put the tuner on and done the DEF delete? I spoke to my dealership maintenance manger and he said yes the warranty would be voided, but only on the part that is modified. Such as, the computer would be void if I put the tuner on, and if I do DEF delete, the exhaust would be void. Can anyone confirm that, or have any other issues with warranty work?

And last, what tuner kit does everyone recommend and what DEF delete kit? Im assuming that it would come with a new exhaust tubing for inline?

Thank you in advanced.

·
34 Posts
I hate to be a Debby downer, very few were making kits for the XD and they just got hit by the feds so you will be hard pressed to find anything in the format of a delete kit now.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
5 Posts
FYI: I am not saying that the dealer is incorrect but I believe once you put a tuner on your vehicle especially if it is for a delete your warranty on your car will be completely voided Powertrain and everything

·
569 Posts
My truck has had warranty work after being deleted, I was super courteous to the people at the service department and it was all good. They would need to prove the modifications caused the issue. In my case it was mostly leaks like the rear main seal and oil pan gaskets. You'll have better luck asking on the Facebook group for the Titan XD Cummins.

·
1,607 Posts
Powertrain is potentially all you will lose. Depends on the dealer. There is plenty of exhaust stuff out there. If your not gonna delete then just leave it stock.

·
13 Posts
I had 3 XD diesels while we were still in TN (wife worked for Nissan NA and got 2 free factory lease vehicles each year), but never was able to modify. I did do a full delete on my Ford F350 6.7 diesel 2 years ago and it's been great so far. No more DEF, which it used to drink like KoolAid, and a 12% increase in HP along with an 8% increase in fuel mileage. If you do decide to do it, just be aware that you may make it sale proof down the line if you live in a state or jurisdiction that smogs each year. You could (theoretically) keep all the smog crap you take off, and put it back on before selling it, but that's a crap shoot.
I still have a shop in California, and they've (CA) cracked down on everything. ALL diesels now have to run DEF and must be smogged every year. 2 of my employees had to get an address and plates in AZ in order to keep their deleted truck, but they cringe at the thought of being stopped by CHP driving a truck licensed in AZ with a CA drivers license (big no no in CA). I had to sell my old shop truck that had been deleted in Nevada because it wouldn't pass smog in CA.
As far as warranty, you can kiss the engine/smog part of it goodbye the minute you add a tuner or do the full delete. The dealer might still do other warranty work, but if they have to plug in the Nissan Consult scanner in, you're toast. So you have to decide what's more important to you.
Just a thought to consider before deleting

Hey all. I have a 2019 Titan XD Diesel. When I bought it new, it came with a 100,000 / 10 year warranty which is phenomenal. But, I've been watching videos and videos of people getting their titan tuned with DEF delete. I absolutely love the sound of the truck when tuned. I am definitely looking into getting it done but I have a few questions regarding the tuning kit and DEF delete kit.

One, do you have to do both? I dont mind keeping the DEF, but from what Ive read the truck performs better all around once the DEF is deleted. Is this true? Has anyone only done the Tuning, but not DEF delete?

Two, has anyone ever had any issues once they put the tuner on and done the DEF delete? I spoke to my dealership maintenance manger and he said yes the warranty would be voided, but only on the part that is modified. Such as, the computer would be void if I put the tuner on, and if I do DEF delete, the exhaust would be void. Can anyone confirm that, or have any other issues with warranty work?

And last, what tuner kit does everyone recommend and what DEF delete kit? Im assuming that it would come with a new exhaust tubing for inline?

Thank you in advanced.

·
1,467 Posts
I had 3 XD diesels while we were still in TN (wife worked for Nissan NA and got 2 free factory lease vehicles each year), but never was able to modify. I did do a full delete on my Ford F350 6.7 diesel 2 years ago and it's been great so far. No more DEF, which it used to drink like KoolAid, and a 12% increase in HP along with an 8% increase in fuel mileage. If you do decide to do it, just be aware that you may make it sale proof down the line if you live in a state or jurisdiction that smogs each year. You could (theoretically) keep all the smog crap you take off, and put it back on before selling it, but that's a crap shoot.
I still have a shop in California, and they've (CA) cracked down on everything. ALL diesels now have to run DEF and must be smogged every year. 2 of my employees had to get an address and plates in AZ in order to keep their deleted truck, but they cringe at the thought of being stopped by CHP driving a truck licensed in AZ with a CA drivers license (big no no in CA). I had to sell my old shop truck that had been deleted in Nevada because it wouldn't pass smog in CA.
As far as warranty, you can kiss the engine/smog part of it goodbye the minute you add a tuner or do the full delete. The dealer might still do other warranty work, but if they have to plug in the Nissan Consult scanner in, you're toast. So you have to decide what's more important to you.
Just a thought to consider before deleting
As for selling a deleted Titan, the only thing you have to take off is the exhaust part, tuner closes egr valve. So putting it back to stock is super simple

·
667 Posts
I dunno about super simple. Take all your stuff off and then reinstall it- curious if you think it’s still super simple.

·
31 Posts
I dunno about super simple. Take all your stuff off and then reinstall it- curious if you think it’s still super simple.
I've done it, its super simple. Took me less than 30 minutes to reinstall mine. You break it down to the two sections when you remove it, put the front piece on first, hooke everything up, put the back piece on and reconnect the rear tailpipe and you're done. Real simple to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts