Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some light discussion in several other threads this needs its own thread.

Who currently has the best tune for our trucks and why? Try to include factual info and data, not heart felt feelings. I’d like to know who has the cleanest with consistent power across the spectrum.

·
769 Posts
After some light discussion in several other threads this needs its own thread.

Who currently has the best tune for our trucks and why? Try to include factual info and data, not heart felt feelings. I’d like to know who has the cleanest with consistent power across the spectrum.
Agreed. Would also like to know what update each tuner is on (how many since the first) and how quickly response time has been to individual issues. Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
246 Posts
I had ppei tunes first and didn't like the turbo surge(fixed now) and I kept reading post on here saying how great hpp tunes were. So I purchased the hpp tunes and right away I noticed they were alot more powerful but also shifts above the 4k redline also. Smoke is also more with hpp more of a black smoke. Ppei is more of a Haze and once turbo is in full boost it's gone. The 60hp tune is probably the nicest daily tune but I like the 💯 hp tune for what I use it for. more punch from a stop. I only use ppei not of a fan of the hpp ones. All tunes will be a little different with each truck depending on climate and elevation of where you live.

·
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with the HPP in regards to smoke...leaning towards PPEI for that reason alone...even I I had to go up in HP to offset the power.

·
246 Posts
I agree with the HPP in regards to smoke...leaning towards PPEI for that reason alone...even I I had to go up in HP to offset the power.
What's your take on the power delivery? In my truck it hits hard in the upper rpms. Does your truck go above 4k on wot on tunes 3 and up?

·
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never really drive it that hard. I like slow and steady. I’ll see next time I get in it. I can say that I really like the acceleration on the interstate in 4, but the smoke is so bad I don’t do it very often.

·
285 Posts
Never really drive it that hard. I like slow and steady. I’ll see next time I get in it. I can say that I really like the acceleration on the interstate in 4, but the smoke is so bad I don’t do it very often.
That smokes just killing power. Tune 5 with PPEI is a light medium haze trail. I'm now about 2k miles since deleted and only heavy black smoke at low speed WOT.

These vgts really open up and make best boost around 23-2400rpm.

·
246 Posts
Yeah that's one of the reasons I didn't like hpp but power is great on top end.

·
58 Posts
thanks blackmega
That smokes just killing power. Tune 5 with PPEI is a light medium haze trail. I'm now about 2k miles since deleted and only heavy black smoke at low speed WOT.

this is what i needed to hear thanks

·
246 Posts

Yeah on tune 3 the 60hp tune from dead stop is only a Haze of smoke. That tune is the nicest all round tune I think. 100 hp tune has some black smoke but clears up fast once turbo lights up.

·
769 Posts

Just curious.... what made you go with ppei? Heard you recently giving hardway an excellent review...

·
246 Posts
Also if your State gives State inspection make sure you don't need a 🐈. Here in Virginia I need a 🐈 to pass inspection so I put a high flow 🐈 on and couldn't tell a difference in power.

·
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

No kidding. I can't even run 5...WAY too much.

·
285 Posts
Just curious.... what made you go with ppei? Heard you recently giving hardway an excellent review...

Didn't like the sales person for 1, and EPA has already made Hardway basically shut its website down. My 6.7 tuner in Idaho got completely shutdown so now I have to get a new tuner for my big truck.

Also I know Ryan's push the envelope reputation, but I also know the dirty story of PPEI on how they began, along with the history of CTT(which doesn't share the original HPP fundamentals).

Ultimately I went with the one I felt would run cleanest. If I wanted to black smoke my big truck will do that all day long and bring the highway to a slowdown with its 300hp over injectors, then 85lbs of boost hits and clears it up to a slight haze.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts