Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All kinds of talks, questions and what not come up about this subject. Some of our favorites are who’s the best, will it void my warranty, can I tune my truck without deleting, how much power can I put to the wheel, is it safe, what kind of MPG will I gain.

While there are many others we are going to try to generalize a lot of questions and hopefully provide some insight to tuning.

Who’s the best?? Best at what?? MPG/HP increases, drivability... What makes one the best?? Given it can be a number of factors for anyone it’s honestly hard to claim X is the best. Mix in the limitation of stock components and then every tuner falls into about the same gains for each make and year model.

Do note each truck responds differently to tuning as well, so when we speak of gains it’s possible that one truck does out gain the other. Just as if that brand new blue truck seems just a little stronger than the red one sitting at the dealership... Keep in mind though they are still minimal.

·
1,253 Posts
It would be nice though if a tuner wrote a program for stock, or better fuel economy, rather than just for performance..... I know, wishful thinking....

·
77 Posts
I am running HPP also and I’m happy with it. Honestly I’m not as impressed with the power gains as I was hoping for but I was comparing to gains I have seen in the big three power plants. There are tunes that are optimized stock. Better response, smother power curves, etc. but similar max hp levels

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be nice though if a tuner wrote a program for stock, or better fuel economy, rather than just for performance..... I know, wishful thinking....
They do, we are a dealer for ppei custom tuning. Using the EZ lynk they offer either single Tunes or packs of 5 Tunes. Shift on the Fly is coming soon. They offer a stock horsepower tune or a 20 horsepower economy tune. Within their tuning the

·
317 Posts
They do, we are a dealer for ppei custom tuning. Using the EZ lynk they offer either single Tunes or packs of 5 Tunes. Shift on the Fly is coming soon. They offer a stock horsepower tune or a 20 horsepower economy tune. Within their tuning the
Correct me if I'm wrong! When I talked to PPEI about there non deleted tune, they said it would increase more regens due to adding more fuel.

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct me if I'm wrong! When I talked to PPEI about there non deleted tune, they said it would increase more regens due to adding more fuel.
You're correct but they are taking about horsepower tunes.

They offer stock horsepower tunes.

The higher the horsepower the more fuel he must have going through the engine. Which would in turn cause more regens.

It's the case with any engine.

Keep in mind their emission intact tunes come EPA approved with Enhanced Throttle Response, Smooth Driving Characteristics, and eliminate the low-end dead pedal.

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am running HPP also and I’m happy with it. Honestly I’m not as impressed with the power gains as I was hoping for but I was comparing to gains I have seen in the big three power plants. There are tunes that are optimized stock. Better response, smother power curves, etc. but similar max hp levels
There are allot of good tuners out there, We're distributors for PPEI so that's who we represent.

Not sure what power gains you have but I know PPEI offers tunes with 450hp to the rear wheal by EzLynk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts