Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Titan XD Cummins 68k miles. Just purchased used... As Is--No Warranty.
Had oil changed at Nissan immediately after buying the truck from a private seller. Mobile1 10/30 Delvac 1300 oil used by Nissan.

Drove 140 miles, checked oil, it was low (barely touching the dipstick). Went back to Nissan thinking they did not fill it completely. They topped it off, and I drove another 200 miles. Oil is low again. Not as low as before, was still in the bottom section of the "OK" region...but low.

Nissan service department said it "could be the turbo using the oil. Leaking inside turbo unit, then being burned in exhaust system." I do not see any smoke, there are no spots on my driveway. I am not a mechanic but I would think consumption this large would show in more ways than just on the dipstick.

Other than this, I do not notice any issue with the motor.
Truck has a salvage title so Nissan will not honor any warranty. So repair is up to me. Exhaust system is original, everything appears to be stock.

Anyone experience similar oil consumption? What was found as the issue? Thanks

·
104 Posts
That much oil loss and you will see smoke or a leak. No way it can burn through several quarts in under 200 miles and there is no smoke or signs of leaking. If Nissan won't touch it, go to a diesel shop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts