Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got a 2017 Nissan Titan xD that has been deleted and has a tune. I'm having some turbo lag, just wondering what other remedies there are for it?
I've used pedal commander in another diesel I had before and it cleared it up but not sure how pedal commander would work with a tune.
Anyone ideas?

TIA

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
839 Posts
The pedal commander works as it was designed to work. However I've heard the 'pedal monster,' by Banks, is a better choice for a few reasons. It may help but quite frankly, nothing will get rid of it. I don't really notice any lag in my truck, maybe I've gotten used to it.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pedal commander works as it was designed to work. However I've heard the 'pedal monster,' by Banks, is a better choice for a few reasons. It may help but quite frankly, nothing will get rid of it. I don't really notice any lag in my truck, maybe I've gotten used to it.
I had a dodge ram ecodiesel that when you stomped the pedal you could count to 2 and then it would take off. It was really dangerous trying to merge on the highway....this Nissan is doing the same, I can stomp the gas and there is about 1-1.5 second delay...I went ahead and ordered one, I just read that they don't affect the tune and actually work really well with a tune. I will update you guys and let you know if it helps.

·
1,097 Posts
Drive-by-wire lag and turbo lag are not synonymous.

You shouldn’t have any turbo lag with a tune- whos tunes are you running and on what setting?

Mine builds almost 40 pounds of boost in a instant with my big toe.

You might have an actuator issue, not a lag issue.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's a good point. I am not sure what tune I have, I just purchased the truck and the dealer didn't know. I've tried turning the knobs and honestly I don't notice a big difference. I haven't driven the truck very much so I am still trying to figure things out with it.

·
2016 XD Pro4X Cummins
36 Posts
that's a good point. I am not sure what tune I have, I just purchased the truck and the dealer didn't know. I've tried turning the knobs and honestly I don't notice a big difference. I haven't driven the truck very much so I am still trying to figure things out with it.
make sure the throttle valve is disconnected

·
1,507 Posts
The lag is throttle, as previously mentioned. A tune combined with the Pedal Commander is the remedy for your problem.

·
2016 XD Pro4X Cummins
36 Posts
You mean egr valve
No, I wrote throttle valve and I meant throttle valve. You should have both disconnected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
839 Posts
Diesels typically don't have a throttle valve since the engine is "throttled" by fuel that is directly injected. If you're referring to the butterfly valve that recirculates exhaust back through the intake, then you, presumably, mean the EGR valve, which is not a throttle valve by definition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts