Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 SL is going to need a top end turbo. Reaching out for advise…. Check engine light is on, throwing codes for everything from the egr to torque management (???). The slip indicator light comes on only when I’m towing and the whole hard shift, jerking thing starts. I’m getting a fair amount of black smoke now when it’s towing, assuming that the DPF is toast. The reduced engine power warning came on but it goes off after about 15-20 seconds. I haven’t been put into limp mode yet but I’m worried if the problem gets any worse that’s the next thing. My question is #1- what after market options are out there for the turbo issue. Nissan is saying the turbos are 5-6 weeks out.
#2- is there a solution for the slip indicator issue, I’ve read a couple threads that dealt with that but not sure if anyone figured out how to solve that problem. Is that light connected to the other problems or a separate issue. Again, only comes on when I’m towing.
I love the truck but man is this exhausting. Second time out with the camper and I’m parked until I figure out how to move forward. Any advise would be helpful, thanks

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Warranty status?
The 5 year 100k warranty technically expired May 26th. I was given a 2 year extension for the motor due to some major problems when I bought the truck… CO4 pump failed. I would think that the turbo would be covered but the initial answer to the dealership from Nissan was no. I have a case opened with consumer affairs, should hear something today or tomorrow. The truck is parked now, waiting on parts… that is why I’m trying to come up with a plan B. If Nissan chooses not to warranty the fix then I would rather go aftermarket and get the truck back up and running than wait until August. I have heard of guys doing builds on these trucks and replacing the turbos… I’ve heard that there is a single turbo option out there…. Just trying to get pointed in the right direction.

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 5 year 100k warranty technically expired May 26th. I was given a 2 year extension for the motor due to some major problems when I bought the truck… CO4 pump failed. I would think that the turbo would be covered but the initial answer to the dealership from Nissan was no. I have a case opened with consumer affairs, should hear something today or tomorrow. The truck is parked now, waiting on parts… that is why I’m trying to come up with a plan B. If Nissan chooses not to warranty the fix then I would rather go aftermarket and get the truck back up and running than wait until August. I have heard of guys doing builds on these trucks and replacing the turbos… I’ve heard that there is a single turbo option out there…. Just trying to get pointed in the right direction.
CP4 pump failed…..

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you ever get a resolution? I am experiencing some issues with my turbo potentially and could be in the exact same situation. Truck has 58,000 miles on it. Still some warranty left. Are you supposed to just hang out for 6 weeks without your vehicle??
No resolution yet, I wish it was six weeks….Nissan is saying the turbo won’t be delivered until the end of August. Unbelievable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts