Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to the titan product. I bought a 2016 platinum titan XD pro4X with the Cummins in it.

first of all, I love this truck! I’ve had ford gassers and a gmc duramax prior to getting this titan, and I believe it is a much better truck over all
However, today, it was a particularly cold day here in Colorado, 3 degrees to be exact. I always start the truck and let it run for at least 20 minutes before driving after sitting all night. Truck seemed to be sluggish on the start up, but I didn’t think anything of it, as I am somewhat familiar with diesels. Pretty much immediately on my drive to work I noticed that the truck was stuttering and losing power on Acceleration. So I pulled up my PSI gauge to watch the turbo build boost. I could see that it was not holding the boost built on a steady easy acceleration. Then, the truck threw a traction control light on my dash. After about 20 minutes of 70 MPH driving on the highway, I noticed that my trans temps were reading zero temp, and so was my water temp. As well as I felt that the trans was shifting particularly hard, as if it was confused on when it should switch up or down on gears. All of these symptoms continued for my hour drive to work.

some more info on my truck: it is tuned with what I believe is a single stage tune (I do not know the tuner brand as it was bought from a dealer who did not have that info.) it was also deleted and it has a S&B closed air box on the intake. Also, I do run a anti-gel and injector cleaner in my diesel on every fill up to help with the weather and Overall where.

has anyone ever had these issues? Truck is in great shape with 90k on the dash and it was a 1 owner prior to me. I did buy a platinum bumper to bumper extended Warrenty with the truck, so I am going to get it in to be serviced if I can not cheaply fix it myself this weekend. Any advice or thoughts are appreciated, thank you!!

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you end up having any more issues? Any codes with these issues as well?
Truck has been good the last week after going to the shop. Shop thought it was a tuner issue, being that the previous owner hadn’t handed over the profile to me. So, they were able to contact him and get that done, and the truck drove great. However, this morning on my drive it started acting up again. Seems to only do it when the temp is 20 and below. The shop thought If it came back, that it was possible a bad map and maf sensor. And that the super cold was throwing the sensors for a loop.
The codes are consistently P2637(TCM) and a C1130 (ABS)

idk, probably just going to replace maf and map sensors and see if that helps.

·
1,303 Posts
Truck has been good the last week after going to the shop. Shop thought it was a tuner issue, being that the previous owner hadn’t handed over the profile to me. So, they were able to contact him and get that done, and the truck drove great. However, this morning on my drive it started acting up again. Seems to only do it when the temp is 20 and below. The shop thought If it came back, that it was possible a bad map and maf sensor. And that the super cold was throwing the sensors for a loop.
The codes are consistently P2637(TCM) and a C1130 (ABS)

idk, probably just going to replace maf and map sensors and see if that helps.
Did you confirm your air filter didn’t get sucked into the turbo? Did you clean the MAF and MAP sensors?

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I found what is causing the issue. It is my map sensor that has gone bad. However nobody seems to have the sensor. What have you guys used to order this from? I saw that the 6.7 Cummins sensor will not work, and I did talk to Napa, they have a map that is part number crb227277. Is that a good sensor for my 5.0? Thank you!

·
7 Posts
I have the same truck with about 78k miles. Deleted. Had same codes when running at altitude in the mountains last fall. Consistently malfunctioning at 8,000’ elevation. Changed the MAP sensor and didn’t change a thing. ONLY was happening at high elevation. Everyone told me it was my tune. I finally got my programmer to write an edit, and two weeks ago pulling a small boat in eastern KS got all the issues. When not pulling it quit. Got the retailer of the software to provide me a different program completely. Flashed the new one and took it for a test. Hit 100 mph trying to load the truck and got the traction control light. I’m also now getting P22CE.

my mechanic says I’m going to have to get it in for a scan while it’s actively screwing up. That is a tall order.
I’m really curious if the MAP sensor replacement will prove to be the culprit. It was not for mine and they sound identical. I have not been able to find any leads on what it might be. Since we know it wasn’t the tune, and I’ve replaced the MAP, everyone seems stumped.

·
1,303 Posts
I have the same truck with about 78k miles. Deleted. Had same codes when running at altitude in the mountains last fall. Consistently malfunctioning at 8,000’ elevation. Changed the MAP sensor and didn’t change a thing. ONLY was happening at high elevation. Everyone told me it was my tune. I finally got my programmer to write an edit, and two weeks ago pulling a small boat in eastern KS got all the issues. When not pulling it quit. Got the retailer of the software to provide me a different program completely. Flashed the new one and took it for a test. Hit 100 mph trying to load the truck and got the traction control light. I’m also now getting P22CE.

my mechanic says I’m going to have to get it in for a scan while it’s actively screwing up. That is a tall order.
I’m really curious if the MAP sensor replacement will prove to be the culprit. It was not for mine and they sound identical. I have not been able to find any leads on what it might be. Since we know it wasn’t the tune, and I’ve replaced the MAP, everyone seems stumped.
I like to start with the easy stuff.

What’s your air filter look like? Did it get sucked into the turbo? Is it OEM or cheap aftermarket?

What level of tune are you running when you get these issues? All of them?

·
7 Posts
I am running a Premium Guard air filter. It looks okay. I noticed the bottom end of the box cover isn’t seated properly. Hard to imagine that would be the issue. Any filters recommended, K&N or just OEM?
I had AMDP tunes and always got the code on the lowest setting (usually towing when codes were thrown). AMDP edited their tune and it still didn’t work. Switched to CCS tunes, lowest economy tune, and had the same issue. I’ve pretty much ruled out the tunes.
Where is the MAF sensor. I’ve replaced the MAP, but haven’t touched the MAF.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Definitely replace that MAP. it seems to have fixed my issues completely. The MAP is on the very top, front of the intake. You’ll see that’s where the coolant comes in to the intake, and where the EGR dumps back into the coolant. Looks almost like your MAF just with a single screw mounting it. Also, I run a S&B closed air intake. Seems to do the job just fine.

I am running a Premium Guard air filter. It looks okay. I noticed the bottom end of the box cover isn’t seated properly. Hard to imagine that would be the issue. Any filters recommended, K&N or just OEM?
I had AMDP tunes and always got the code on the lowest setting (usually towing when codes were thrown). AMDP edited their tune and it still didn’t work. Switched to CCS tunes, lowest economy tune, and had the same issue. I’ve pretty much ruled out the tunes.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Attachments

·
7 Posts
Sorry, let me clarify. The MAP was replaced in the fall. I have not done anything to the MAF. Just this afternoon I cleaned the MAF, but it hasn’t been replaced and I haven’t touched the air filter, though it looks pretty clean.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts