Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm over 11000 km. And I will say my xd is really starting to wake up or I have mastered how to drive it. Maybe a bit of both.

Which leads to the second part of my post. Once I had given up on my 2015 f150 and the titan xd was taking its time hitting dealers. I had really considered the ram ecodiesel. But even the wife said wait for my xd.
My one buddy has an ecodiesel always raves about economy but never talks about issues.
Today he stops by I noticed his rear tire smoking. His is a 2015 with almost 60,000 km. I said probably a rear pad getting caught up on the slide. Happens regular here after our road salt winters. I said let's clean them up. Big mistake. Pads fell apart, rear rotors shot and one rear caliper seized. So an hour job turned into a few hours and a few trips to parts store. This from the same guy that told me ram quality improved since the fiat take over.
Once done I took it for a test drive. This brings me back to my first thought of the topic. The ecodiesel now feels enemic to cummins now that I have miles on mine. The other part of my test drive to check the brakes. I also discovered it needs a front wheel bearing.
I love my nissan xd.

·
1,300 Posts
I Agree with everything yoh guys have said. I love my XD.

Reactions: TitanCowboy

·
99 Posts
Nissan has it all over Ram, as does Cummins over VM Motori (Italian Manufacturer of that engine).

VM Motori is known more for marine diesels than their land engines. They sure aren't anywhere near commercial grade diesels. Had a friend who had a VM Motori made CAT motor in his 30' SeaRay and the motor was a complete disaster. Too many issues to list.

While my Frontiers may not have been as "glitzy" or as Ranchhand Fancy as the Rams, my interior panels were always solid and never squeaked / broke. I never had body rust, suspension issues, etc.

Chalk me up for happy also.

·
99 Posts
Well, I'm over 11000 km. And I will say my xd is really starting to wake up or I have mastered how to drive it. Maybe a bit of both.

Which leads to the second part of my post. Once I had given up on my 2015 f150 and the titan xd was taking its time hitting dealers. I had really considered the ram ecodiesel. But even the wife said wait for my xd.
My one buddy has an ecodiesel always raves about economy but never talks about issues.
Today he stops by I noticed his rear tire smoking. His is a 2015 with almost 60,000 km. I said probably a rear pad getting caught up on the slide. Happens regular here after our road salt winters. I said let's clean them up. Big mistake. Pads fell apart, rear rotors shot and one rear caliper seized. So an hour job turned into a few hours and a few trips to parts store. This from the same guy that told me ram quality improved since the fiat take over.
Once done I took it for a test drive. This brings me back to my first thought of the topic. The ecodiesel now feels enemic to cummins now that I have miles on mine. The other part of my test drive to check the brakes. I also discovered it needs a front wheel bearing.
I love my nissan xd.
My friend who is a 12 valve cummins enthusiast once told me, Cummins get better with age.

·
129 Posts
That's crazy good mileage. I don't ever push the truck past 70mph and am 75% highway and keep it on cruise, so must be some pretty varying driving styles as you have aftermarket rims and tires as well correct?

·
214 Posts
I'm almost always in the low to mid 12L /100km for my normal driving. I don't think I ever got that low of km out of tank as you.
I did Montréal - Québec - Montréal @100km/h this weekend. Computer showed 11.7L/100km, but fuely calculated 13L/100km.

Then again, I only have 1000km on the odometer, so the truck is not even close to being broken in.

Still pretty impressed with that number. The truck never down shifted once on cruise control.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's crazy good mileage. I don't ever push the truck past 70mph and am 75% highway and keep it on cruise, so must be some pretty varying driving styles as you have aftermarket rims and tires as well correct?
I do have aftermarket wheels and tires. But my overall size is similar to a pro4x and pretty sure my setup is actually slightly less weight then the stock 20's.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did Montréal - Québec - Montréal @100km/h this weekend. Computer showed 11.7L/100km, but fuely calculated 13L/100km.

Then again, I only have 1000km on the odometer, so the truck is not even close to being broken in.

Still pretty impressed with that number. The truck never down shifted once on cruise control.
I'm not a 100% convinced fuely is accurate for us canadians I was on there with another vehicle. There numbers were always off from my hand calculations.

·
129 Posts
Well I guess I have to drop down to 60mph and see if I can get it up a little. Christ I'd be happy with close to 700 I just didn't think that would be possible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts