Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full disclosure: truck was in an accident 14K mi ago. The accident was a near direct impact on the drivers side rear axle - sheered both centering pins. Body shop did a run-out of the axle and noted no defects at time of repair. Both rear tires replaced at that time. No rotation from then until now.

Fast forward to today. Fronts wearing identical. Rears not so much. RR @ 8/32. LR @ 4/32 Seems like a pretty dramatic difference, but perhaps I am being a bit over-analytical here so looking for opinion from others that may know better. Suspect the axle is not straight, but perhaps others could weigh in on if this discrepancy in tire wear is typical.

Thanks!

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is really out there, but do the wheels scrub around corners? Did the collision maybe lock the diff?
Definitely not experiencing any sort of hop or scrub indicative of diff issue. Plus, diff damage from impact would more likely present as loud clunks from missing spider gears than the locker engaging 100% of the time. Not seeing any of that.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
1,026 Posts
Definitely not experiencing any sort of hop or scrub indicative of diff issue. Plus, diff damage from impact would more likely present as loud clunks from missing spider gears than the locker engaging 100% of the time. Not seeing any of that.
I have 60,000km on my original tires, only rotated once. Wear is even across all of them, so must be something going on with your truck. Take it to an alignment shop and ask them to measure it?

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 60,000km on my original tires, only rotated once. Wear is even across all of them, so must be something going on with your truck.
Exactly what I was looking for. Will get back with the shop that initially did the repair to have them take measurement to run-out and confirm flanges were not tweaked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts