Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A While ago I posted a thread regarding my experience purchasing my truck. If you missed it, the general point was:

I bought a Diesel Pro4x with all the packages, however once it was delivered to the dealership and I picked it up, I realized that the User Interface did not have any settings for the Blind Spot Monitoring and upon further research, I noticed that the indicators on the mirrors where not there.

I received numerous suggestions from members on this thread, and I spoke to my dealership. Basically, they did not provide any helpful information short of, "I would call Nissan". I was pretty disappointed with this after I dropped 53 grand on a truck that they are trying to sell and promote, but disappointment wouldn't get me a solution.
So I called Nissan of America, and spoke with a really friendly and dedicated professional about my issue and explained to me that this option is in fact not available yet for the Pro4x and according to his statements, it will not be until the end of the year.

Furthermore, I was also informed, that there is no way to install the BSM once it is released, as this is something that must be done during assembly. I am guessing, after speaking with Nissan, and hearing input from you guys, that this is probably related to the wiring harness, ECU programming, and inputs.

I expressed my concerns as the absence of this feature was not made clear to me at the time of purchase of delivery.
Nissan informed me that they should have done a better job, and then offered me a free 3 year 30,000 mile complementary maintenance package.

I think that anyone that was affected by this should contact Nissan. Hope you guys get the same great treatment I did!

·
31 Posts
So my Pro4x definitely has BSM and it was manufactured in May... it was a must for me when dropping 52k on a vehicle plus being a lot bigger than my last vehicle.

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So my Pro4x definitely has BSM and it was manufactured in May... it was a must for me when dropping 52k on a vehicle plus being a lot bigger than my last vehicle.
Aw, lucky. From the looks of it, mine was manufactured in February.:frown2:

·
1,979 Posts
There is a BIG sticker on the side window that lists EVERY option & standard equipment that the particular vehicle is equipped with. Don't make it sound like it was Nissans fault or even the dealers for that matter in any way, you didn't read or do your research on what you were buying & it makes you sound kinda $#$%#$.
Consider yourself extremely lucky that Nissan threw you a bone, they didn't have too & I'm surprised they even did.
I got to be honest I wouldn't of even shared this info on a forum let alone call Nissan.

·
224 Posts
I'll share my experience when shopping for mine; every dealer that I contacted with an XD on the lot assured me that BSW was in fact installed and operational on the trucks until I questioned the stickers with the BSW Delete credit. Only then did the dealers (every one) investigate and tell me that the truck did not have BSW functional, and I dealt with five to find the 2WD I wanted. I essentially had to find the unit I wanted and tell the dealer to get that particular VIN.

MB

·
103 Posts
Hey AZPRO4X - would it be that hard for you to be helpful or supportive, I've read so many comments from you that were just rude sounding - this forum is to help people learn and communicate information about the XD to make everyone's life easier !

·
1,979 Posts
Hey AZPRO4X - would it be that hard for you to be helpful or supportive, I've read so many comments from you that were just rude sounding - this forum is to help people learn and communicate information about the XD to make everyone's life easier !
His own mistake costed Nissan money that eventually costs the consumer more money & he is suggesting that other people to do the same thing.
If I walked into a dealer with the attentions of buying a Red truck then realized there was a Black truck sitting in my driveway I sure in the heck wouldn't blame anyone else other than myself.
IDK

·
149 Posts
There is a BIG sticker on the side window that lists EVERY option & standard equipment that the particular vehicle is equipped with. Don't make it sound like it was Nissans fault or even the dealers for that matter in any way, you didn't read or do your research on what you were buying & it makes you sound kinda $#$%#$.
Consider yourself extremely lucky that Nissan threw you a bone, they didn't have too & I'm surprised they even did.
I got to be honest I wouldn't of even shared this info on a forum let alone call Nissan.

All dealerships in my area don't have any stickers on the windows. It forces the customer to talk to sales people and if you have been told that the truck has BSM I would expect it to have it. Good for Nissan to give the maintenance package. I brang up the issue of the trucks not having a gooseneck hitch when all their advertising says it has it. They did nothing for me, and was extremely disappointed in Nissan for it.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
All dealerships in my area don't have any stickers on the windows. It forces the customer to talk to sales people and if you have been told that the truck has BSM I would expect it to have it. Good for Nissan to give the maintenance package. I brang up the issue of the trucks not having a gooseneck hitch when all their advertising says it has it. They did nothing for me, and was extremely disappointed in Nissan for it.
Your truck doesn't have a gooseneck hitch? I thought the only ones with no hitch was base S.

Not unless you are talking about the ball and hook set two different things and yes only top level comes standard with that.

But if yours is missing hitch then they should be doing something for you.

·
149 Posts
Your truck doesn't have a gooseneck hitch? I thought the only ones with no hitch was base S.

Not unless you are talking about the ball and hook set two different things and yes only top level comes standard with that.

But if yours is missing hitch then they should be doing something for you.

Correct. They all come with the gooseneck hitch receiver except the S model. And only the PR comes with the hitch. But when I bought mine all the advertising and pamphlets all said they all come with the gooseneck hitch. Since then, Nissan has changed all their pamphlets to say "gooseneck hitch receiver". kind pisses me off even more.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Correct. They all come with the gooseneck hitch receiver except the S model. And only the PR comes with the hitch. But when I bought mine all the advertising and pamphlets all said they all come with the gooseneck hitch. Since then, Nissan has changed all their pamphlets to say "gooseneck hitch receiver". kind pisses me off even more.
I guess I interpret different and automatically figured the ball and anchor kit would be a separate purchase

·
149 Posts
I guess I interpret different and automatically figured the ball and anchor kit would be a separate purchase

I would normally expect the gooseneck hitch to be a separate purchase. The only reason I had an issue with it not coming with the gooseneck hitch, was because it said "gooseneck hitch" and for the bumper hitch is said "hitch receiver". They come with a gooseneck receiver and a bumper hitch receiver but no gooseneck hitch or bumper hitch.

·
203 Posts
I actually saw a Nissan made YouTube video which demos the XD Pro4X. The video was showing off all the features of the Pro4X and it had the BSM. So it seems that it is/was Nissan's error.

I was sad to find out my Pro4X didn't have the BSM.

·
712 Posts
Mine says BSM Delete +$500 Credit on the sticker.

I didn't expect to get the ball and anchor hooks for free, when I need them I'll buy them.

·
263 Posts
Mine says BSM Delete +$500 Credit on the sticker.

I didn't expect to get the ball and anchor hooks for free, when I need them I'll buy them.
I didn't expect to get them for free either. I thought I paid for them because the sticker said "hitch" instead of "receiver". In my view "hitch" means all I supply is the trailer, safety chains and pigtail attached thereto. After all, when you buy a 5th wheel hitch, you don't just get the base rails attached to the frame nor do you have to supply the plate upon which the pin rests. The dealership agreed.

·
507 Posts
All dealerships in my area don't have any stickers on the windows. .
Seems to me, the anger, if any was even due, would be directed towards the Dealership for hiding the sticker.
I do not trust a dealership that removes the sticker anyway.
That is the first clue,( Other than the fact they are a car dealer), they might be dishonest.

·
348 Posts
My owners manual says my truck has a class 4 hitch, not a receiver. Since a drop adapter and a ball are not included in that "hitch" I wouldn't expect a ball or tie downs with my gooseneck "hitch".

1 - 20 of 58 Posts