Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from 4 months and 20K miles in the Pacific Northwest and I have identified some functional upgrades I'm wanting to sort out for our (currently stock) 2019 Titan Crew Cab Pro4XD. We tow an Airstream Flying Cloud 25RB (GVWR 7300#, 850# tongue weight) using a ProPride 3P 1400# leveling/stabilizing hitch.

1a. At highway speed, on some roads the ride bounces and oscillates fore and aft more than I would prefer. Before I got the ProPride, the back end was dragging a bit and bouncing or bottoming. With the ProPride both the trailer and truck are now level and the ride is rock solid laterally. I would like to dampen out the worst of the oscillating bounce fore and aft.

1b. Another ride adjustment... At times the washboard jolt from bad sectioned concrete becomes exhausting. These are small high frequency jolts not rocking. A softer ride would be nice...

2. I'd like to safely increase bed cargo capacity 3-500#.

3. Without the Airstream, I'd like to be able to drive the gravel roads in the national and state parks. Not off road but be able to drive 5-10 miles on semi maintained gravel roads without feeling like I'm about to destroy the truck or my marriage.

4. Finally, as if all of the above were not enough, it would be get back 50-80 miles of range while towing.

All of this points to something like a Ram 2500 with AEV Prospector package but I love my Titan and want to see if I can make it work for us. So... are 1-3 doable with the right combination of shocks, lift, tires/wheels, ...? Cost is not a primary consideration given that a package of upgrades will cost much less than a new truck.

Any thoughts, advice, or recommendations would be most appreciated!

·
162 Posts
Airbags will cure those problems. Only thing, you won’t be able to gain any payload from any mods, what it reads on your sticker is it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts