Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2016 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So currently I have a 2016 Titan XD - love the truck. It's all stock but it'll be getting deleted soon. I still have a warranty so haven't crossed that bridge yet.

Either way I'm looking at upgrading to a 8x32ft Gooseneck trailer - See picture below GVWR on the Trailer is either 10,000 or 10,400 pounds.

My current trailer setup is a 8x28 GVWR of 10,000 pounds.

Ask you can see by the picture I load it down pretty well. My race c6 corvette , golf cart , 12 wheels , 20 tires, toolbox , cabinets etc.

The truck pulls it alright. The gooseneck loaded should weigh about the same as my current setup just in gooseneck form I believe.

My main question has anyone hooked up a flat front enclosed gooseneck race trailer to their stock titan XD gooseneck hitch included with the truck? I can't find any images online of anything but travel trailers. I know some trucks need gooseneck extensions to set the trailer back 6 inches or so, but I'm just wanting to know what people have seen with the titan. Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: Picture is before I put bags on my truck. My truck now has airbags on it so I can level it out better.

Thanks guys,

Attachments

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just incase anyone was wondering. They handle a trailer this size great, bone stock not even a tuner of any kind. Secondly, I didn't not need an extension piece and I have relatively good clearance. I can't turn all the way 90 or even close, but I can get through the city just fine. I'll be add a small extension to my gooseneck coupler soon but for now I can get to and from anywhere with relative ease.

Excuse the dirty trailer, I've cleaned it up since I bought it lol.
Wheel Sky Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They really should sell more of these trucks. If only they marketed them.
Agreed, I don't really see the fuss about them. I'm at 110k miles on mine, It's pretty much a tow truck / daily and I've not had a single issue. I've had several trucks including a 2012 ram 3500, a 2015 duramax, and several other's and I'd say comparatively the Titan does a fine job for me given the "limits" of the truck. I'm very happy with my purchase currently lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts