Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remove cap and it feels like it wants to break. Just in case it does where can i find one?

·
348 Posts
I'm trying to remove cap and it feels like it wants to break. Just in case it does where can i find one?
Holy crap - they're way harder to find than I anticipated. All I could turn up was the whole assembly, which includes the metal housing, and runs over $400 bucks. The part number on that is 16400-EZ41A, you might call your local dealer and ask what the number is for the cap itself (if it's available) and if another forum user doesn't turn it up - we have some pretty knowledgeable folks here.

·
595 Posts
This could be a tpich one, a quick check in the Midwest & I found one in a salvage yard in Omaha, NB but they also are reluctant to let it go without buying the whole assembly.

I guess not a common failure item needing a new replacement.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
759 Posts
Use a 6 point socket. Why do you think it's going to break?

·
367 Posts

realbored is correct as usual (y)

I found an entire upper filter assembly on Ebay a couple years ago...It was labeled "oil filter" by the salvage yard (not the first time I've seen something mislabeled for these trucks...). I think I offered them 40 bucks and they took it. Might find one that way of you keep looking from time to time.

Tried to get the cap off to remove filter. Holy crap...put it in a vise (carefully on the mounting boss) and used a 2.5 foot breaker bar and 6 point socket...thought I was going to turn the workbench over! Hit it with some penetrant lubricant...still don't have that thing off. Whoever torqued it totally wrenched that thing down.

By contrast, the cap on the upper filter housing unit on the project engine I bought (which broke a camshaft and 2 cam followers) came off easily. It pays to follow torque specs on these and use a tiny amount of lithium grease on the o-ring and plastic threads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts