Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2017 Titan XD SV
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!
I have a 2017 Titan XD and recently bought some new tires. Firestone Destination AT. They are 35’s and have been causing the VDC to kick in when on on and off ramps. Most the time it just stalls the car for a sec. My big concern is twice now it’s caused the truck to steer aggressively and make it hard to stay in my lane. It eventually steadies out!

I have been turning off tHE VDC and when I do that it works perfectly!

still doesn’t seem right and I’m concerned that it may cause it hard to steer even with the VDC turned off!

anyone have any thoughts?

·
1,297 Posts
Double check none of your wheel weights (if those were used) have come off.
Check the ABS wiring to each wheel- a nicked one can caused all sorts of gremlins because other systems rely on ABS.
Sounds silly, but sometimes the improper tire pressure will set off the slip light and engage VDC.

Is your truck 4x4? If so, you can engage 4WD HI to conduct a quick test of the system. If your truck will not go into 4WD or you get an error, that’s usually an indicator of an ABS issue. Check it out and see what happens.

·
2017 Titan XD SV
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Double check none of your wheel weights (if those were used) have come off.
Check the ABS wiring to each wheel- a nicked one can caused all sorts of gremlins because other systems rely on ABS.
Sounds silly, but sometimes the improper tire pressure will set off the slip light and engage VDC.

Is your truck 4x4? If so, you can engage 4WD HI to conduct a quick test of the system. If your truck will not go into 4WD or you get an error, that’s usually an indicator of an ABS issue. Check it out and see what happens.
It’s a 4x4 and it engages fine with no codes being thrown!

thanks for all the info! I am mainly concerned about what caused it to react so violently!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.