Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a cool video that details the design process of the Nissan Titan. The lead designer is Diane Allen, who talks about the whole process and work with her team. I have to say that it is a fun video to watch. Makes you feel more connected to the Titan and the Nissan brand, and Diane seems like a nice lady.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
That video gave me a real family feeling. Good video, I really think Nissan is going to hit this one out of the park.

·
665 Posts
Aside from that fender badge, which is just horrible, i have yet to hear from someone that likes it, most titan loyalists hate it with a passion
Most humans struggle with change sadly. The previous gen Titan looked cheap, this one does not.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Aside from that fender badge, which is just horrible, i have yet to hear from someone that likes it, most titan loyalists hate it with a passion
I like it, except for the fender badge, and I am a big Titan loyalist ;)

I still want to see it in person to be the final judge.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Most humans struggle with change sadly. The previous gen Titan looked cheap, this one does not.
Cheap in your eyes OK, but it was the best in class when I purchased in 2005. I was a fleet buyer and could have had any truck. After driving the Titan, I was sold, and so was my wife.

It's kind of a funny story but I had a check ready to go at the Ford dealer for the F150 and all that was left on the table was the step bars ... Good thing too or I would have had a the F150 HA!

·
665 Posts
I didn't mean to come off insulting to the previous generation Titan, that's just how I felt about it.

It just didn't feel refined. It has a fantastic transmission and engine, Nissan makes a great V8 and you can see some of their head design language in the ISV.

The previous Titan just didn't do it for me, but then I still think the OBS Ford is the last of the real pickup trucks.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
You have to go back in time and compare. Sure, today there are more refined trucks, but not back then. Titan was the best thing out. Agree, not as pretty as the Ford, but once driven you knew the better truck.

Back then the Ford was SLOW, but comfortable and good looking. The Dodge ride was so bad and the transmission sucked. The Chevy had a harsh ride and when we went to test drive one, the first one would not start, the second the windows did not work and the doors would not unlock, and the 3rd that we did drive the AC did not work. and lastly the Toy was to small.

Heck I have almost 200,000 miles on my 05 Titan and I have more power then when it was new ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts