Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experience the low voltage warning lamp coming on while driving? Has happened 2 times, have 2,200 miles. Both times went off within 5 minutes. Have noticed the voltage gauge is sometimes hanging around the 10/11 mark, other times at 15. Just wondering, never saw that much of a change in older trucks I had.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did open the hood and shake all battery connections, they seemed pretty tight.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update, Just had truck in dealership for voltage and exhaust smell in cabin. Was told numerous complaints have been given on exhaust, they are thinking the exhaust pipe may not be long enough, and some fumes get suck into cab during regen if not moving fast enough. When asked if a fix was coming on that, said tech-line did not say.
As for voltage, appears to be a faulty alternator. Problem is warehouse has none in stock. So now waiting.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just advised my alternator is in. Have an appointment on Thursday for installation. Hopefully this is the root of the problem.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got truck back again. Repaired, but not totally. Appears the power wire was never properly secured to the alternator, wire arced, welded loose nut to post, but still never making correct connection. Alternator then malfunctioned, wiring overheated and sheathing melted on wire harness. New alternator in place, trying to get a part number for a new wiring harness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts