Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully added air cooling to the heated Pro-4x seats?

Under the driver's seat I see an empty connector and wiring coming from the main wiring harness for some sort of control module. My seats do not have any of the air ducts or blowers. I know I would have to replace the heat switch with a cool/heat knob.

Hopefully someone has done this and could give their feedback or approach on how they were successful.

·
37 Posts
Its just a fan. Theres no actual air conditioning
I've heard some people say that, but I just don't think it's true. I think there's an actual cooling element in there of some kind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jayce, your 100% correct that the seats are cooled by fans just blowing ambient cabin air.
Though if you look at the cost of the fans (blowers) and associated ducting; its over 450$US+ per side. This is not including the control module or the switch replacements.
Hence; the question of whom has done this.

I'm thinking about doing this; it would be easier just to get set replacements or an aftermarket; though, I want to keep OEM look and feel.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect bcangelo. That personal insight is what I was seeking.

I live in Texas where it gets a bit warmer than most of the US. So when I do this; I want to do this once and not a rip and replace :)

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
131 Posts
I think they work great. In fact I like how they warm more up the lumbar rather than feeling like I wet my pants and am sitting in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts