Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new Plat Res, but I want more of the line. Should I chip it? Are there any available? I'm also new to the diesel, so are there any basic bolt-ons I should start of with, ie k&n, air inductions, etc?

·
1,979 Posts
Just bought a new Plat Res, but I want more of the line. Should I chip it? Are there any available? I'm also new to the diesel, so are there any basic bolt-ons I should start of with, ie k&n, air inductions, etc?
Do you want more HP or would you rather have a intact warranty? The best thing you could do is leave it alone. Also, Bolt-ons are a waste of money & time as far as making more HP on modern vehicles.
The best thing you could do is take some time & learn how to drive it & give the transmission some time to learn how you want it driven.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
What he said^^^^^

No one really has anything out yet for it anyhow.

Once it breaks in, it improves alot. Nissan won't turn a blind eye to mods since it's so new

·
167 Posts
What ATC said. Not much available yet as it is still so new. However I will say that now that I've put some miles on it and learned how to drive it, I'm no longer finding it slow. Something to be said for not stomping on the pedal in this truck as quicker acceleration seems to be with gradual application of gas in coordination with the truck boost pressures. I think the large turbo doesn't get a chance to spool and the gate closes off the small turbo if the truck pedal is hammered down and its a dog. My truck gets moving along nicely now that I've figured out better how to get the most out of it.

·
124 Posts
I completely agree cmac!

You need to press the accelerator as the turbo spools up. Once you figure this out she has plenty of power. Im not saying I wouldn't like to have more, but definitely plenty for a stock configuration.

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know, I'll always be looking for improvement, and this rig beyond so new, just curious what works best. Thanks for the heads up, just went through the first tank and the trick and I are learning how each other drive and react

·
120 Posts
Just want for a dealer to have them. They will install and not void your warranty . There are tuners right around the corner. It dose coast more but it's dealer backed.

·
103 Posts
I have read a few items where Nissan & Cummings are working with Banks for tuner work, give it a few more months and they will wake this motor up, its going to be FUN

·
1,979 Posts
Just want for a dealer to have them. They will install and not void your warranty . There are tuners right around the corner. It dose coast more but it's dealer backed.
That's not exactly true, just because a dealer sells a tuner doesn't mean that Nissan or a different dealer would be cool with it.

·
1,979 Posts
I have read a few items where Nissan & Cummings are working with Banks for tuner work, give it a few more months and they will wake this motor up, its going to be FUN
Extremely unlikely Nissan will start messing around with a 1st Yr production vehicle & new to them Diesel motor, Especially with a tuner.

·
492 Posts
So, who is this Cummings that you refer to? Did you really mean Cummins?:grin2:
Sorry, but I couldn't resist:devil:

·
119 Posts
Both links over a year old....but nice to know that eventually some kind of tuner will hit this engine....just not in an introductory year!

·
120 Posts
That's not exactly true, just because a dealer sells a tuner doesn't mean that Nissan or a different dealer would be cool with it.[/QUOTE

I have never had an issue with his. You might not be going to the rt dealer. Purchased a tuner for one of my trucks, had them install the settings I wished for. No issues no worries. I also purchased a lifted truck and had the axel seal break they warrantied it with no issues. There are plenty 9f dealers around here put aftermarket suffer on rigs and sell them.

·
1,979 Posts
That's not exactly true, just because a dealer sells a tuner doesn't mean that Nissan or a different dealer would be cool with it.[/QUOTE

I have never had an issue with his. You might not be going to the rt dealer. Purchased a tuner for one of my trucks, had them install the settings I wished for. No issues no worries. I also purchased a lifted truck and had the axel seal break they warrantied it with no issues. There are plenty 9f dealers around here put aftermarket suffer on rigs and sell them.
Tons of dealers are mod friendly, I totally agree, but that doesn't mean if you took the family on a vacation & something happens where you have to go to the closest dealer and they aren't mod friendly.

Plus keep in mind your axle seal was a small repair that the manufacturer could careless about but let's say you had a total axle failure, that would most likely trigger a inquiry from the manufacturer looking for a way to deny a $3000 repair ticket.
As far as tuners go, unless Nissan does come out with a approved tuner they will look for it on a catastrophic fuel or engine failure & they will find it even if it was Uninstalled. That will most certainly turn into a warranty denial on a $10k + motor.

·
120 Posts
They replaced the inter rear assembly on my 08 frontier. No questions and a free rental. If a part is a dealer I stall that is nation wide. Toyota with the turd line has full warranty. Any dealership does not want warranty work because it's so much of a hassle to get payed. The majority reason why you find a dealer and stick with them. Is because they will repai and know your coming back. I have delta with out of state dealerships and it sucks.

I was getting charged 900 plus for a timing belt. Called a shop close by and it was 190 plus tax. If you know the situation you won't get screwed.

·
120 Posts
AZPRO4X As far as catastrophic fuel and engin failure is that diesel engines get over fueled and will never seize. As a gas motors leanest out the fuel to get performance. Plus a Def delete will cure most issues with diesel trucks.

·
1,300 Posts
Well I emailed bully dog and they will be doing a tuner for the truck soon is what they said. It will be a non DPF delete but something is always better than nothing. I want HP too never have enough of it.

My old 2011 3500 ram was deleted with a 175hp tune boy do I miss that

1 - 20 of 55 Posts