Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any news on when the King cab or Extended cab XD might be coming out? I've driven the crew cab and I'm ready to order when the extended cab version comes out....

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Late summer????

Oh no...I can't wait that long...I need my XD before camping season starts...

I HOPE you are wrong....

·
857 Posts
Best to contact your local dealer to find out what they have to say about delivery since that will be most relevant to where you're located.

·
608 Posts
I heard summer as well. I wouldn't expect it earlier than that or it seems like we would have already heard. It likely won't be coming out this spring.

·
169 Posts
9 out of 10 times dealers don't know anything.

Just went to a GMC dealer asking about the new Canyon Duramax. She swore up and down they weren't coming out until 2017....too bad folks have been getting them for two months.

Dodge dealer, asked about the supercharged Hemi. They laughed and said there wasn't one. Two days later they officially unveiled the Hellcat.

Another Dodge dealer, went asking about the then-new Limited....had no clue. Argued with me even.

Odds are they won't have a clue.

Reactions: CyprusTM

·
56 Posts
I didn't know Nissan was going to have a king cab XD? If they do I assume it'll be 8ft bed only

·
492 Posts
I didn't know Nissan was going to have a king cab XD? If they do I assume it'll be 8ft bed only
Why would you assume that? There could be another frame length. The only way that I would consider an XD is if it was a King Cab with a 6'7" bed like the original Titan. I don't want or need the longer wheelbase.
You could be right, but we will see...

·
772 Posts
Why would you assume that? There could be another frame length. The only way that I would consider an XD is if it was a King Cab with a 6'7" bed like the original Titan. I don't want or need the longer wheelbase.
isn't the bed on the crew cab XD about 6'7"?

·
492 Posts
isn't the bed on the crew cab XD about 6'7"?
Exactly! So if they shorten the cab and put an 8' bed on the same XD frame, you could use that frame to build a King Cab XD.
If you shorten the frame about a foot, you can make a King Cab with a 6'7" bed and a 139.8" wheelbase like the original Titan.

·
77 Posts
Have they said whether the king cab will have clam shell doors like the original Titan or if they are going to front hing doors like GM/Ram/Toyota? I preferred the claim shell as you have more room to load large items into the back without the pillar.

·
772 Posts
Exactly! So if they shorten the cab and put an 8' bed on the same XD frame, you could use that frame to build a King Cab XD.
If you shorten the frame about a foot, you can make a King Cab with a 6'7" bed and a 139.8" wheelbase like the original Titan.
you could indeed. or a crew cab with a 8' bed :grin2:

Have they said whether the king cab will have clam shell doors like the original Titan or if they are going to front hing doors like GM/Ram/Toyota? I preferred the claim shell as you have more room to load large items into the back without the pillar.
I hope so. I think nissan is the last to offer a true extended cab. all the others have gone with a real 4 door but tiny back seat for their "extended cab"

·
14 Posts
And...to add a little more confusion to the mix, it looks like the regular Titan will have a bunch of configurations including 3/4 ton as well as some diesel options.

From Autonews...
"To improve the competitiveness of the second generation, which began reaching dealers in late December, Nissan plans multiple variations. The truck will come as both a half-ton and a three-quarter ton, with both diesel and gas V-8s, and a V-6 version in the future. There will be 4x2 and 4x4 drive configurations, crew-cab, king-cab and single-cab options, and a choice in bed lengths of 5.5, 6.5 and 8 feet."

·
77 Posts
you could indeed. or a crew cab with a 8' bed :grin2:

I hope so. I think nissan is the last to offer a true extended cab. all the others have gone with a real 4 door but tiny back seat for their "extended cab"
Yea, except for Ford, they still use the claim shell on the new F-150's and they copied Nissan making them swivel back 180 degrees now.

·
56 Posts
From watching all the video reviews and reading quotes from Diaz and Rich Miller, I was always under the impression of crew cab only.

They would always mention the lighter duty Titan to have 3 cab configurations and 3 different bed lengths. The XD would be available with a gas v8 down the road, was the only thing I recall the big wigs stating about the XD.

Just my personal impression I got from those guys. At least in the beginning there wouldn't be one.

·
169 Posts
And...to add a little more confusion to the mix, it looks like the regular Titan will have a bunch of configurations including 3/4 ton as well as some diesel options.

From Autonews...
"To improve the competitiveness of the second generation, which began reaching dealers in late December, Nissan plans multiple variations. The truck will come as both a half-ton and a three-quarter ton, with both diesel and gas V-8s, and a V-6 version in the future. There will be 4x2 and 4x4 drive configurations, crew-cab, king-cab and single-cab options, and a choice in bed lengths of 5.5, 6.5 and 8 feet."
The only one getting diesel is the XD. They are talking both Titan and Titan XD there....

Where the 3/4 ton comes from, who knows? Maybe there will be, maybe there won't. At this point there isn't.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts