Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
great watch!

Here's how the Cummins-diesel powered 2016 Nissan Titan XD was bumped, shaken, and slammed all over America to simulate about 350,000 miles of regular use, work, and off-road driving.

Video's heavy on marketing rhetoric (and goofy iMovie title screens), but who doesn't love seeing a prototype get its butt kicked?! The testing we're seeing here went down at the Nissan Technical Center North America (NTCNA) outside of Detroit and the Nissan's Arizona Test Center (ATC) in the desert.

The bump at 03:25 looks like, just, the worst. But it's nice to see that low-hanging air splitter can stand to get reamed up, down, and sideways.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
I certainly cringed.

Duplicate though though!

It is interesting to compare the F150 testing videos to the Titan. They're certainly doing good testing on the Titan, but you can see how much more experience Ford has in that department.

So does that mean they're designing the Titan to have a 600,000km life span? That little Cummins, taken care of should be able to pull off 500,000km without breaking a sweat.

·
608 Posts
Cool to see the whole process that the truck goes through during testing. Especially with trucks, you want to know that they are going to be able to last for a long time. If you put this thing to good use, you still want it to last a long while. I wonder how these tests impact the actual design of the truck. Do they ever do these tests and then make changes to the vehicle because of the results?

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like some other nissan products, this may very well be one of those products you'd want to keep for a while, even beyond the original warranty term.

·
88 Posts
Testing process looks well laid out by Nissan! Great to see a lot of work is being put into to create a truck that will perform for years under any conditions. This video just makes me love the new Titan that much more! :)

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Testing process looks well laid out by Nissan! Great to see a lot of work is being put into to create a truck that will perform for years under any conditions. This video just makes me love the new Titan that much more! :)
about performing for years under any conditions.... we'll have to wait and see how it does in the real world, year into it being available in all conditions ;)

·
608 Posts
Nissan vehicles hold up pretty well generally. I don't think of Nissan as a company with a reputation for shoddy workmanship or poor quality vehicles (except for the Pathfinder).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts