Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home today from a weekend getaway with the family and it was our first trip in our 17 titan xd sl diesel. I was really impressed with this truck and how easy it was to drive. It was just my wife 2 kids myself and luggage. We drove from Pittsburgh to lancaster Friday which was about 250ish miles and averaged 20mpg on the turnpike doing 75mph. Saturday went from lancaster to Philadelphia then Sunday came home from Philly back to Pittsburgh. Again 75mph the trip home we averaged 17.5mpg but we were driving right into a strong wind. Maybe it's just me but I'm happy with those numbers for a truck so heavy driving up and down several mountains I'll take it cuz like I said this truck was just easy to drive. That was by far the easiest 4 1/2 hr drive ive ever had

·
69 Posts
Sounds like real good mileage for going over 70. Great looking truck. I have an SL as well, 5.0 Cummins. I love driving mine too��

·
13 Posts
24mpg

I just got home today from a weekend getaway with the family and it was our first trip in our 17 titan xd sl diesel. I was really impressed with this truck and how easy it was to drive. It was just my wife 2 kids myself and luggage. We drove from Pittsburgh to lancaster Friday which was about 250ish miles and averaged 20mpg on the turnpike doing 75mph. Saturday went from lancaster to Philadelphia then Sunday came home from Philly back to Pittsburgh. Again 75mph the trip home we averaged 17.5mpg but we were driving right into a strong wind. Maybe it's just me but I'm happy with those numbers for a truck so heavy driving up and down several mountains I'll take it cuz like I said this truck was just easy to drive. That was by far the easiest 4 1/2 hr drive ive ever had
I got 24 mpg on mostly flats with my 16 cummins 4x4 here's a vid of it

https://youtu.be/yT3CNWe7RDE

·
69 Posts
DSIN,

Nice looking rig - great MPG for sure. I am hopeful I will do better here in Wisconsin as soon as the temps get higher ... and it quits snowing!

So far in the hills and occasional flats @ 62 mph about 19.

Interstate @ 72-ish, about 17.5 - 18.

Bob.

·
576 Posts
2016 pro4x no modifications consistent combined average 17.4 to 17.9. Best all highway 23 best around town 14-15. Truck has 31,000. Great comfortable capable truck.

·
130 Posts
Took my truck to the East coast and back, 1500 miles. Some city driving, lots of interstate. Some rain, little bit of ice. Very comfortable in the drivers' seat, very secure handling. Love the blind-spot warning. Used one 2.5 gal DEF on the way. Overall mpg was 18.5. I'm happy with that.

The only problem I had was with the parking garage at the Marriott. They said it was 6'8" clearance, Nissan says the XD in this configuration is 6'6" (78"), but the top of the truck still made contact. I was creeping, but it still made a tiny mark before I backed out.

·
569 Posts
DSIN,

Nice looking rig - great MPG for sure. I am hopeful I will do better here in Wisconsin as soon as the temps get higher ... and it quits snowing!

So far in the hills and occasional flats @ 62 mph about 19.

Interstate @ 72-ish, about 17.5 - 18.

Bob.
I dont know if it will get much better than that. I was very pleased with my mpg on a 600 mile trip, which was 19mpg. That was at 80mph cruise control most of the way. Being used to my old truck at 10mpg , thats like a prius

·
46 Posts
Right after I bought my 2018 Nissan Titan XD in Wausau WI and drove it back to Green Bay I was at 22mpg driving at 70. I thought that was great as our companies 2017 only hit 19 one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1,261 Posts
Right after I bought my 2018 Nissan Titan XD in Wausau WI and drove it back to Green Bay I was at 22mpg driving at 70. I thought that was great as our companies 2017 only hit 19 one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Although you won't get anywhere quick, if you do 63 to 65 mph, you can get 24+

Of course you will get hit from behind....

Reactions: franktafl
1 - 11 of 11 Posts