Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have waited a year. Titan xd sitting on the lot ordered in for me. I said today I had to pass. I know nissan is trying to capitalize on an all new model in limited supply and hopefully high demand. But with only a $1650 finance rebate and less then stellar interest rates. It's too expensive.
Not sure if I will get a super duty or wait for nissan to offer incentives. But the super duty is tempting with current offers almost $10,000 cheaper then a similar equipped xd. Not too mention a way more capable truck.

·
570 Posts
I am still keeping an eye out for the gas version of the TITAN XD. Hoping the Cummins/Aisin combo is at least $5k over the gas model.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know here in ontrio the cummins/aisin combo is an $11500 premium for the ram. So the Nissan cummins/aisin might be around a $9000-$10000 premium over the gas.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure yet. I think with the 2017 super duty coming the 2016's might get even cheaper. I don't really need the capability of the F250 but if it's considerably cheaper then the titan xd why not. Plus ford diesel has 60,000km longer engine warranty here in canada vs the titan xd 100,000 km cummins.
I am leary of the xd with the V8 as it still is a heavy truck but the 7 speed might help.
But probably better suited non xd.

·
19 Posts
well if Nissan plays that here I am out too. I am interested in one but unless they take at least 8% off msrp it isn't worth it when other brands as mentioned are taking 10 to 12 k off or as much as 15% off msrp. Nissan has an opportunity to come in with a truck not even proven and give the ones willing to give the a chance and plan on it being a very well built truck for a competitive price. I have said before when others say the msrp is fair if you match up again Ram diesel half and such but they are all offering anywhere from 9 to 12 k off msrp. So if Nissan is already lets say $2500 more hen throw in they wont take off more than say $2k then the now are 8 to 10k higher. I figure 8% even though not enough would at least get it worth looking at but still high. That is because Nissan isn't offering and rebates being new model and not a lot of supply but I never understood why runaway good customers especially when it is in this category already.

·
570 Posts
I know here in ontrio the cummins/aisin combo is an $11500 premium for the ram. So the Nissan cummins/aisin might be around a $9000-$10000 premium over the gas.
The difference between the Cummins/Aisin and Hemi/standard is much larger than the ISV5.0/Aisin and DOHC 5.6/7-speed. It is much closer to the the gas/diesel Colorado. $5k seems more likely IMHO.

Not sure yet. I think with the 2017 super duty coming the 2016's might get even cheaper.
The 2017 F-250 will put the XD in an akward place if it ends up being lighter than the XD.
The last gen 8200 GVWR F-150 HD was definately more of "tweener" truck. It had plenty of mass to pull 10k 5th wheels all day long. In fact, the lighter version prior to that was known as the F-250 LD.
So based on weight:
F-150 < F-250 LD < F150 HD < '17 F250? < XD < '16 F250
Hard to see the white space.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts