Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally went to purchase my Titan XD. Negociated for 3 hours :D first for a SV then for a pro4x that was listed at 64K. Asked for invoice pricing and they came to me with a pice of paper stating that's the invoice price they got from Nissan Canada invoice price was 63.900 :D I said whatever. then the icing on the "cake" they aded a 2200$ service fee :D and a 880$ documentation fee :D

And on top of that i was considering trading in my 2014 toyota venza limited with 24k kilometers they ofered not a penny more than 24k. When i questioned them and told them thats a low ball offer they came at me with a extra 3k, then again to 30k which to me did not seem to bad. However what i refused to pay was all their fees. Went to 2 dealerships and both tried the same thing, so as it stands no titan for me.

Was i asking for to much?

·
50 Posts
Service fee, documentation fee, administration fee, gotta love how their advertised price, suddenly jumps, drastically. And like you, I call BS on their Nissan Canada invoice price of 63,900. No way would a dealership not make any money on it.

No clue on your Venza, so I cannot comment there.

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Service fee, documentation fee, administration fee, gotta love how their advertised price, suddenly jumps, drastically. And like you, I call BS on their Nissan Canada invoice price of 63,900. No way would a dealership not make any money on it.

No clue on your Venza, so I cannot comment there.
the 24k offer i was actually offended by, however their "generous" as the rep put it of 30k seemed very reasonable.

They were trying to tell me that this things are just flying of their lots :D

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Are they giving you the $1600 finance cash or $3000 cash rebate?
I thought there is some legalities about charging excessive service fees.
Glad I bought mine when I did at 45% exchange rate vs around 32% now for my trade in going to the states. It would have cost me a little over $5000.

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also it looked to me that in both the cases of the SV premium and the pro4x their magic number was $73.500. They keept changing things here and there and still in the end they ended up wanting 74k drive away price :D how they came to that number im still trying to figure out, tax this, service fee this, admin fee, gst (got to pay that).

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are they giving you the $1600 finance cash or $3000 cash rebate?
I thought there is some legalities about charging excessive service fees.
Glad I bought mine when I did at 45% exchange rate vs around 32% now for my trade in going to the states. It would have cost me a little over $5000.
They never even mentioned any discounts.

it went like this he took the car to their "used" cars manager, they came with a low ball offer of 24k. i told him that's insulting. Went back an forth and came and said hes gona give me 27k for the venza, i said sharpen your pencil a bit. he came back with 30k on the venza which semed reasonable. Then they came with all the added fees, all the time coming to their magic number of 73500 whether it was for the sv platinum (he first quoted at 66.900, then i showed him the pro4x they had listed for 64.220 o for 2k less i can get the pro4x and not have to upgrade anything and get a better equiped truck.

I guess ill just wait and see in the fall what offers they got. However never going back to this last dealership i went to and spent 3 hours (mostly waiting for him to get me a "smoking" deal as he put it)

I'm not whining just thought id share my experience and get advice from others.

Cheers

·
50 Posts
If you're comfortable sharing, what city in Alberta, and which Dealership? I'm in Calgary myself, and am not impressed with the BS salesman at 1 dealership.

·
857 Posts
73500!!!! For that money I would rather buy a ram or a ford. I'm sorry the XD is not worth that kind of money.
Exactly what I thought and Nissan is not in a position where they should be doing that, instead they need to be doing the opposite after all this is a big change for the brand and they're trying to make their mark in the segment. I bet Hyundai would have done it.

·
203 Posts
Exactly what I thought and Nissan is not in a position where they should be doing that, instead they need to be doing the opposite after all this is a big change for the brand and they're trying to make their mark in the segment. I bet Hyundai would have done it.
It's not Nissan gouging prices, it's the dealer. Take msrp on a pro4x and compare it to an fx4 f150 comparably equipped....msrp around $55k, compared to an f250 comparably equipped and its msrp is $65k. Same type of difference if you compare the platinum reserve to a king ranch or ford platinum package. The domestic guys are more liberal right now with their incintives, but I think Nissan will get there as well in 6-10 months. If you shopped a 2015 aluminum f150 right when they came out you would have noticed the lack of incintives....then as all the 14's sold off and it was getting closer to the 16's coming that's when ford started upping the rebates.
Don't knock Nissan over that $70k+ mark, that's the dealership itself being greedy.

·
929 Posts
Asked for invoice pricing and they came to me with a pice of paper stating that's the invoice price they got from Nissan Canada invoice price was 63.900 :D I said whatever. then the icing on the "cake" they aded a 2200$ service fee :D and a 880$ documentation fee :D

The $63,950 is the retail invoice price for a base Pro4X. Depending on the vehicle, retail markup is typically between 5-8%. There is not as much markup as most people believe.
There are websites where you can get the dealer cost. There will be a fee to join and they usually list all the incentives that are being offered as well.

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you're comfortable sharing, what city in Alberta, and which Dealership? I'm in Calgary myself, and am not impressed with the BS salesman at 1 dealership.
Sunridge in calgary is the one im pissed at. Now they keep calling me saying they will remove the 2200$ service fee :D. He worked really hard at it. I'll keep waiting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts