Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of talk about how Nissan is targeting the almost HD market. What are your top 3 interests for a truck?

Mine are (in no particular order):

off road capability
big payload (with a crew cab)
fuel economy

My 05 Titan is great offroad, but the actual payload capacity is routinely overloaded, and fuel economy sucks.

·
16 Posts
Since my only interest is in a Nissan... I can be kinda cheeky here..

0) Being able to 'roll-coal' on a red-neck 'murikan Tonka.
1) Don't treat the King Cab XD as red-headed step child. We shorter cab folks like LE trim levels with the same features as crew-cab folks.
2) Less plastic and more interior feature choices (console vs tree shift), sunroof, yes extended power mirrors for my friend SilverJett up there.
3) Same reliability as my last 4 Nissan vehicles.

·
492 Posts
XD MODEL w/Cummins diesel

Acceleration/Performance (at least as good as original Titan)
Towing (especially up and down mountains) Turbocharger should shine at high elevations☺
Reliability (Overall Quality)

·
214 Posts
1) No compromise on quality, overkill is always good for me: engin, drive train, brakes, etc...
2) Ride comfort: cabin noise, ride while empty and while towing (gotta bad back)
3) no bling-bling. Keep it utilitarian: no chrome, but yes to tow mirrors, brake controller, GPS, spay-on bed liner, etc...

·
772 Posts
Towing and all the technology upgrades they have slated for the truck to make towing easier
Platform where you can add on to it and it becomes great for off-road...IE the opposite of the current titan lol.
In town MPG of more then 13 lol

·
22 Posts
1. Long term reliability
2. Cummins Diesel with plenty of turbo power for high altitude towing
3. High class interior (with a sunroof!!)

·
94 Posts
Reliability(low maintenance)
Durability(If its not over built, its under built for a truck)
Capability(performance, efficiency)

·
40 Posts
Mine are and in no order either:
1.) Creature comforts especially for winter as this will have to sit outside. Remote start, heated seats, comfortable seats (I'm in it 2 hours a day) and heated steering wheel. Very rarely do I wear gloves. Quiet interior really enjoyed that last truckumentary.
2.) Capabilities, payload definitely want to jump from 1600 lb to at least a ton and would love to see it this higher. Well beyond 10k tow. I have a 10k equipment trailer. I don't like running at the trucks rated max, closer to 90% 12k fits this nicely.
3.) Reliability, I keep my vehicles for a long time or at least longer than most.

·
608 Posts
Reliability(low maintenance)
Durability(If its not over built, its under built for a truck)
Capability(performance, efficiency)
Good list here.

It's gotta be good quality, feel nice to drive (performance, power, ride height, handling, etc...), and be capable of whatever it is that needs to be done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts