Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

Along with the XD, what truck classifications did you consider?

• Anything and everything, truck classifications don't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there is a lot of discussion based upon performance and capability, I wanted to start a poll asking current/prospective owners what class of trucks they actually considered. Is the XD appealing only to 1/2 ton users, or also to 3/4 ton users?

Please give answers that accurately describe you and your situation.

Along with the Titan XD, did you consider only a 1/2 ton class (150/1500) truck?
Along with the Titan XD, did you consider only a 3/4 ton class (250/2500) truck?
Along with the Titan XD, did you consider both 1/2 ton class (150/1500) and 3/4 ton class (250/2500) trucks?
Or does class even matter to you?

·
141 Posts
The XD and RAM 2500. Liked the interior better and I think the 5.0 has a lot of potential.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I was between both but more leaning towards 3/4 ton having a new 2015 f150 at the time. My xd was ordered for me pretty much first one in Canada. But when told the selling price, I pretty much squashed it. I then was dead set on an f250 xlt special edition. But some how I managed to stop by my nissan dealer and try out my truck. That changed my whole view on the xd. And we got to serious negotiations and thanks to the weakest canadian dollar. I now sit AT&T a titan xd fan boy.

·
430 Posts
I was between both but more leaning towards 3/4 ton having a new 2015 f150 at the time. My xd was ordered for me pretty much first one in Canada. But when told the selling price, I pretty much squashed it. I then was dead set on an f250 xlt special edition. But some how I managed to stop by my nissan dealer and try out my truck. That changed my whole view on the xd. And we got to serious negotiations and thanks to the weakest canadian dollar. I now sit AT&T a titan xd fan boy.
You should change your name. Lol

·
903 Posts
I looked primarily at the Toyota Tundra TRD PRO crew cab. Was looking for a little bit more abilities so I chose the Xd. I didn't even consider the f250, Silverado, or Dodge as my wife doesn't want to look "like a contractor" as she says. We didn't like the looks of the XD but was persuaded by the Cummins. If the Cummins wasn't available we would have jumped ship and been driving a Toyota. That being said I don't think the Toyota now would have been the best choice for me. Happy with my choice of the XD!

·
507 Posts
Along with the Titan XD, did you consider only a 1/2 ton class (150/1500) truck?
No desire for any 1/2 ton truck

Along with the Titan XD, did you consider only a 3/4 ton class (250/2500) truck?
Yes, Sierra, and Ram
As much as I like the Ram look, it has reliability issues.
As for the Sierra, I can't get waited on when I come ofn the lot, and the one time I did the stupid salesman pissed me off telling me what bed length I needed, which happened to be the only model on his lot

Along with the Titan XD, did you consider both 1/2 ton class (150/1500) and 3/4 ton class (250/2500) trucks? ?
Nope, a half ton would leave me in the exact position I am with my Frontier.

·
450 Posts
I've always had a half ton and never wanted a 3/4 ton because I have never liked 1) the industrial feel and 2) the price tag of 3/4 tons that were more refined.

After driving an XD I was blown away by the ride considering what it was, but I new before hand that I would be buying my next truck from our local Nissan dealer regardless. The experience we have had with them has made me a buyer for life. If they were selling rams then that's what I would be driving.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I've always had a half ton and never wanted a 3/4 ton because I have never liked 1) the industrial feel and 2) the price tag of 3/4 tons that were more refined.

After driving an XD I was blown away by the ride considering what it was, but I new before hand that I would be buying my next truck from our local Nissan dealer regardless. The experience we have had with them has made me a buyer for life. If they were selling rams then that's what I would be driving.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
That's a big point for me my dealership. But the bonus they will get me any brand if I don't want a nissan next time around. I work beside a nissan dealer and there was literally $20,000 dollars difference on the titan between my dealer and that dealer once all said and done.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
could you stop harass ATC? Yes He's biased like most XD's owner, like me lol. But we're in a XD forum; It's the same at cummins forum and powerstroke.org etc!!:wink2:
Thanks 6.7 but he's gone. Still a couple more trolls. Then we can better discuss the xd. And give our feed back on the xd when potential buyers stop by to see our views. And not get put down when we have good things to say about the xd, as we should because wouldn't have bought it if we didn't like it.
Kind of what a brand specific forum should be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts