Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
15 Posts
That load is only 10k give or take? That really doesnt seem right. That load looks heavy as hell lol
Well...I guess the tractor alone is nudging in on 10 and the trailer is about 3.5, so I might have been a touch over. The truck did well though, only dropped down to about 45 on one mountain pass.

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
Well...I guess the tractor alone is nudging in on 10 and the trailer is about 3.5, so I might have been a touch over. The truck did well though, only dropped down to about 45 on one mountain pass.
That's about what I thought... but I'm definotly not the weight police. Ice towed over 14k 3 times and not the first issue. Hell that load doesn't squat my xd as much as it does my bosses 2017 f250 lol.

·
225 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how does the truck do with that load? I come from a regular titan 5.6 and towing a 7k lb camper that truck hated its life.

The DI 5.6 Does great. I don't have any complaints about power or braking. We just towed again this past weekend and we were on flat ground for a good leg of the trip and I reset the trip meter once we got on the highway. At the next gas stop per the computer we were at almost 11mpg too!

Driving in the mountains we may scream at times up to 5krpms (we did a 7% grade for 7 1/2 miles maintaining 65mph and it never went over 4k rpms) but it's not too common and that is just to maintain 60 to 65mph otherwise she hums along under 2k rpms.

In that video it was just me and my mom in the truck. We were probably around 9500 to 9600 total in the camper. We had a few things in the back seat of the truck too. Not a whole lot.

·
Premium Member
2018 XD Platinum Reserve 5.6L gasser
409 Posts
Not real heavy.
2020 Neo aluminum snowmobile trailer.

·
27 Posts
I just got back from a long road trip to Purina Farms in the St Louis area from Salt Lake City, UT - nearly 3000 miles round trip. We rented a 2016 Mallard M29 travel trailer on RVShare for the journey, and stopped midway in Goodland, KS. The trailer is about 7k lbs. My 2016 Titan XD SL pulled it great. It was my first time pulling anything that long or heavy before, and the Titan XD was just so solid.

·
9 Posts
While not a tow, I did test out the payload. I had a full pallet of St. Augustine sod at about 3,000 pounds. I just got my 2018 SV diesel about a month ago. It squatted exactly 3". The drive home was about 10 miles and was completely stable.

·
85 Posts
The Focus took a shit on my wife while she was with family, so I drove there and towed it back home from Texas to South Carolina. The truck hit 100,000 miles on the way there, and for some damn reason, shifts better with a load.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
9 Posts
Automotive parking light Tire Plant Sky Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Plant Sky Land vehicle

This is my 2019 XD SV Midnight edition towing our brand new 33’ Cougar. I installed the factory puck plate and an auto slide fifth wheel hitch. We towed it from Washington state to Texas and she did great.

·
8 Posts
How's the lake level?
It is way down. When I pulled into that spot, my Nissan navigation system warned me about hitting the ferry! We were camped right where the ferry used to cross to Bullfrog. Based upon topos and historic water levels, that would put it down at least 150 feet.

·
Premium Member
2018 XD Platinum Reserve 5.6L gasser
409 Posts
It is way down. When I pulled into that spot, my Nissan navigation system warned me about hitting the ferry! We were camped right where the ferry used to cross to Bullfrog. Based upon topos and historic water levels, that would put it down at least 150 feet.
That's terrible.

201 - 220 of 222 Posts