Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
9 Posts
That is an interesting trailer/pop-up. Is that custom or a specific brand..looks like some cool enginering on those gear pods on the right side. Looks functional and compact for sure...very nice setup.
Thanks. It is an Australian design: Black Series Dominator:

They import the major components and do the final assembly in City of Industry, just east of Los Angeles. Everything on the tilt-up boat rack I added: top tube holds poles for outside awning and room, then there is a spare Smittybilt awning I had, then the two boxes are mounted lids down on the rack, so that when the rack is vertical, the hinges are toward the ground. I can open them to get out the canvas walls and floor for the extra room.

·
2021 Titan XD Pro4X Gasser
37 Posts
Couldn’t be happier with the XD. Pulls so much better than my 2014 F150. No white knuckles anymore. Caught myself creeping up to 75+ at times, but dont trust the stock tires at that speed even though I put TPMS on the trailer. Truck is so underrated.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant community Motor vehicle

·
73 Posts
Wasn't today but a few months back wife and I went on a camping trip for our anniversary. We wanted to do some riding too so brought the quads along.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

And in case anyone is wondering, yes I was 100% within the truck's limits.

·
2021 Titan XD Pro4X Gasser
37 Posts
You must have had a headwind. I got 10.5 towing mine at similar speed. I know we had a tailwind most of the drive from Houston to Hot Springs.

·
2019 XD SV 5.6L
80 Posts
This is a Kubota 7040. With loader, bucket and wheel ballasts I estimate she weighs in at about 8,300#. Plus the trailer. That tow was about 130 miles on I-85 (driving through Atlanta with that was in a word....stressful! Once I got to my son's house there was another 3 trips with a dump trailer for gravel - each trip was 4 'scoops' which were about 1 cu yard each. The Titan earned her keep that day!

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
2019 XD SV 5.6L
80 Posts
I had the diesel ('18) but traded it for the 5.6. And honestly if you don't mind sometimes having to run at 3,000 - 4,000 rpm, it does just fine. And even then it's really just starting out and big hills otherwise once you get up to 60 it cruises just fine. And I forgot to mention, overall I got 9.5mpg (on the dash) vs. a typical 17.5 +/-. And that was a lot of hauling!

·
11 Posts
Just picked up our new toy hauler last Thursday. About 7K dry with a tongue weight about 1270. Of course when we add the bikes in back of the hauler and fill up the fuel tank it should lighten the tongue a 100lb or more. Our 2018 5.0L pulled this 29' trailer very well, barely got above 2600 rpm the whole time taking her from Boise up Hwy 55 to McCall. Got a little over 10 mpg with pulling many grades and big hills. I'm using a 14,000lb Equilizer 4way with 1400lb bars. Have to say the hitch did its job - no sway or wobble and she is sitting pretty close to level.
Tire Wheel Cloud Land vehicle Sky

221 - 238 of 238 Posts