Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be going on a press trip very soon to cover the new Titan XD. I'll have access to one of Nissan's top level product guys who helped develop the Titan and I'll also be able to get up close to the truck. (Though sadly I can't drive it yet) What do you guys want to know about the truck? I'll ask the Nissan folks for you and post the info back into this thread.

·
13 Posts
Wow. Thanks for the hook-up!

I would like to know more about the push - button start. I've never had that on a diesel. I'm used to turning on the key and waiting til the glow plug light on the dash goes out before starting.

What trim levels can you get that brown - accented interior with?

What are the tow ratings for the other cab/bed configurations?

Can he tell us anything about pricing?

When will the order guides be available?

·
88 Posts
Cab and bed configuration..

Pricing and when will the Titan be available for purchase in Florida?

Wheel options?

Thanks

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ToTL: They're very tight on pricing info but they have told me that their diesel option will cost substantially less than Dodge's $7,000 EcoDiesel. I doubt they'll tell me pricing info at this point :( As for your other questions, I'm sure I can find answers and I'll report back later this week around Thursday.

TitanMan: The cab we be available three ways (regular, extended and crew) and there will be two bed lengths offered. I think they're a 6 and 8 foot bed. As I said to ToTL, they won't tell me pricing info but I'll ask them about wheels and Florida availability.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Verify there is an exhaust brake.

Will the Titan have auxilary switches pre-wired with a nice tie in point?

·
665 Posts
I would like to know more about the push - button start. I've never had that on a diesel. I'm used to turning on the key and waiting til the glow plug light on the dash goes out before starting.
The key on the 6.4L acts like a push button start, starter run time is detirmed by the ecu, not the keyhold time.

·
13 Posts
The key on the 6.4L acts like a push button start, starter run time is detirmed by the ecu, not the keyhold time.
I'm not as concerned with starter run time as the glow plug warmup prior to start. Will the whole system run itself after the first button push? Or will we have to hit the button once to power the glow plugs and again to actually start ignition when they are ready?

·
15 Posts
As I won't purchasing the new Titan (diesel powered) but would be looking at the gasoline powered Titan. So I would like to know what size of V8 gas engine (hp and torque) and transmission (6sp, 7sp or 8sp)

·
665 Posts
As I won't purchasing the new Titan (diesel powered) but would be looking at the gasoline powered Titan. So I would like to know what size of V8 gas engine (hp and torque) and transmission (6sp, 7sp or 8sp)
The admins should make a rule saying no talking about gasoline engines on the XD forum, considering the XD's will only be powered by the Cummins!

Diesel is the future, especially as we eventually get smart and go back to what the diesel was originally designed to run on, vegetable oils.

That said, Nissan does build a **** of a gasoline V8, the one in my Q45 is fantastic.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
What are the millage figures?

How man "gallons to the mile" when towing?

How many "gallons to the mile" without towing?

:)

·
665 Posts
Will I be able to order the Pro4X in copper? I prefer the body colored grill, want some pro4x options and want some platinum options. I really hope we can pick and choose options instead just packages.

·
340 Posts
The admins should make a rule saying no talking about gasoline engines on the XD forum, considering the XD's will only be powered by the Cummins!

Diesel is the future, especially as we eventually get smart and go back to what the diesel was originally designed to run on, vegetable oils.

That said, Nissan does build a **** of a gasoline V8, the one in my Q45 is fantastic.
Are you sure? I was under impression the NP XD's were getting both, while the lower 1500 would be gas only...

·
65 Posts

Actually, I'm almost certain I read that Nissan is launching a gasoline Titan XD shortly after the Cummins Titan XD launches. The gas XD will be above the other gasoline 2nd gen Titans.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts