Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just now decided to try out more HP tunes. I tried the 80hp and thought the drivability wasn’t very good. Now I am on a 125hp tune and it feels great, but it’s also 125hp.. I have 83k on my truck now. I’ve had zero issues, so far... just wondering if there are people who daily drive with the highest HP tune and have no problems. I’ll probably just go back to stock tune anyways. It has the best drivability, just not as fun.

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
729 Posts
I run 0 hp because I'm afraid of breaking stuff. Everyone seems to say they get better MPG on setting 5, normal daily driving, not pedal to the metal obviously. I've never run higher HP tunes so I don't know what I don't have and that's best for me lol.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I run 0 hp because I'm afraid of breaking stuff. Everyone seems to say they get better MPG on setting 5, normal daily driving, not pedal to the metal obviously. I've never run higher HP tunes so I don't know what I don't have and that's best for me lol.
I have noticed a dramatic increase. Stock HP did not increase my fuel mileage. That was the selling point to my wife too 😂

·
1,044 Posts
I tow with my 60HP tune.

I daily drive a 90HP tune.

I play around with a custom revision my tuner made thats labeled 180HP, from time to time. Usually if one of the big 3 wants to ‘try me’.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tow with my 60HP tune.

I daily drive a 90HP tune.

I play around with a custom revision my tuner made thats labeled 180HP, from time to time. Usually if one of the big 3 wants to ‘try me’.
Holy Ghost balls 😂 180hp?!? That’s impressive. Heck my 80hp tune was able to stay beside a 18 model 5.0 mustang. Stock mustang of course.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am very disappointed that more people haven’t commented yet. Thought this would be a sweet topic.

·
123 Posts
Being as I just deleted a little over a month ago I usually stay on setting 2, which I beleive is 30 or 40 hp tune. I honestly haven’t even wanted to try the higher tunes because I’m a power junky, I’ll want to play around too much lol

·
1,044 Posts
In my opinion, if these trucks were going to break, they would do it whether your stock or tuned.

I’m convinced the cranks were revised, slightly, which is why there is 2 separate part numbers. Additionally, the trucks run stupid hot in stock form to remain efficient- not in MPGs, but rather for emissions. I read in a tech pub that these trucks have 8 injector pulses and 7 out of the 8 are for catalyst and 1 is for power. Crazy!

Ive been tuned for 40k and the truck had never run better and I’ve run every tune I own (from two companies).

I do, howeve, intend to swap out thermostats soon for the lower temp version to see what results it yields.

·
123 Posts
In my opinion, if these trucks were going to break, they would do it whether your stock or tuned.

I’m convinced the cranks were revised, slightly, which is why there is 2 separate part numbers. Additionally, the trucks run stupid hot in stock form to remain efficient- not in MPGs, but rather for emissions. I read in a tech pub that these trucks have 8 injector pulses and 7 out of the 8 are for catalyst and 1 is for power. Crazy!

Ive been tuned for 40k and the truck had never run better and I’ve run every tune I own (from two companies).

I do, howeve, intend to swap out thermostats soon for the lower temp version to see what results it yields.
I’m hoping to have the same results with my truck. Been flawless so far except for one egr cooler but that’s not a problem anymore.

·
2 Posts
I run my 2018 at 120 hp. I've had it tuned at 120 hp for the past 3 months. No real problems yet other then the wipers turning on randomly.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I run my 2018 at 120 hp. I've had it tuned at 120 hp for the past 3 months. No real problems yet other then the wipers turning on randomly.
Sounds like an unrelated issue. 😂
How many miles do you put on in a month?

·
2 Posts
Yeah it started the first week I tuned it. I just found it funny that it goes off now. Maybe bad sensor not sure but not worried about it. I put around 1600 + a month. .. work truck

·
3 Posts
I am very disappointed that more people haven’t commented yet. Thought this would be a sweet topic.
I told you on Instagram I run #5 all day everyday it runs like a beast, mustangs, challengers and all can’t hang as long as they are stock and I get pretty good fuel mileage when I’m not hot rodding

·
3 Posts

When I had to replace the engine in my 16, I got a new takeout from an 18 or so and it’s been deleted and tuned since i put it in and it runs great

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I told you on Instagram I run #5 all day everyday it runs like a beast, mustangs, challengers and all can’t hang as long as they are stock and I get pretty good fuel mileage when I’m not hot rodding
I haven’t taken it off 125hp tune. To many race potential in my town and surrounding areas 😂

1 - 16 of 16 Posts