Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
291 Posts
Unfortunately I've had a ton of issues

I bought this truck and have tried to be a supporter, but after getting beat with the ugly stick enough times, I've given up hope.

Exhaust fumes in cabin (mostly cured)
Wiring Harness corrosion (cured for now?)
Side window glass spontaneously cracking (Replaced under warranty, but had to fight for it)
Fog light that randomly exploded in the driveway
Auto-start issues (System removed from truck)
Cold start issues (0-40 oil seems to have fixed this)
4wd error codes (transfer case replaced)
Transmission shift issues (Over 10 visits, replacement TCM, replacement transmission, and still not solved)
Headlight issues
Paint issues
Radio/Bluetooth issues
Side Mirror replaced due to light failure
Dead pedal (Still not totally resolved)

I've given up hope. Build date 1/16

·
155 Posts
http://www.titanxdforum.com/forum/193-2016-nissan-titan-general-discussion/39258-4-700-bill-my-1-1-2-year-old-truck.html

When your warranty runs out, and your the guy in this thread, then you won't be able to say "I've only had one issue, or
my truck is the greatest". Fact is, at least a few of you guys will be eating at least some of these issues out of warranty.

·
5 Posts
Sounds like some of you need to claim Lemon Law (assuming your state has it), I did. I tried to work with the dealer and Nissan to resolve the issues because I absolutely loved my 16 titan xd. Enough was enough though. They replaced the transfer case twice, once had to be towed into the dealership. Constant issues with extremely harsh shifting and dead pedal. Almost got me into several wrecks at intersections, as well as my wife. Wind noise couldn't be fixed on the driver's side top rear corner of door, even after replacing the seal and adjusting the striker. Had to replace the gauge unit due to inaccurate temperature readings and the driver's side visor guts broke. A few other minor issues too. I racked up about 35,000 miles on it.

I replaced it with the identical truck in a 2017 model. my 2017 doesn't have the dead pedal anywhere near what the 16 had, but still what I would just contribute to turbo lag probably. Though I wish it was better, it's totally manageable now. The transmission is WAY better! It still is no Allison (my last truck was a GMC 8.1 liter gas with Allison trans), but it works. I've got 17k miles on my 17 now and I don't see how with regular maintenance it can't go to 300k. My 01 Frontier supercharged I bought new in 01 now has 320k on it and I'd drive it across the country tomorrow :) My wife commutes over 60 miles per day in it now for the last 5 years.

·
421 Posts
Sounds like some of you need to claim Lemon Law (assuming your state has it), I did. I tried to work with the dealer and Nissan to resolve the issues because I absolutely loved my 16 titan xd. Enough was enough though. They replaced the transfer case twice, once had to be towed into the dealership. Constant issues with extremely harsh shifting and dead pedal. Almost got me into several wrecks at intersections, as well as my wife. Wind noise couldn't be fixed on the driver's side top rear corner of door, even after replacing the seal and adjusting the striker. Had to replace the gauge unit due to inaccurate temperature readings and the driver's side visor guts broke. A few other minor issues too. I racked up about 35,000 miles on it.

I replaced it with the identical truck in a 2017 model. my 2017 doesn't have the dead pedal anywhere near what the 16 had, but still what I would just contribute to turbo lag probably. Though I wish it was better, it's totally manageable now. The transmission is WAY better! It still is no Allison (my last truck was a GMC 8.1 liter gas with Allison trans), but it works. I've got 17k miles on my 17 now and I don't see how with regular maintenance it can't go to 300k. My 01 Frontier supercharged I bought new in 01 now has 320k on it and I'd drive it across the country tomorrow :) My wife commutes over 60 miles per day in it now for the last 5 years.
My last truck was also a 8.1l 6spd Allison, I’d choose the Aisin over the Allison any day. The shifting and control under load on Aisin is way better than my Allison ever was.

·
1 Posts
The Transfer case will be over $3000. Seems that a lot of owners have had the transfer case replaced. If this is true than there is a problem that Nissan should address for all owners. This could be a dangerous condition if 4 wd goes out when needed. NTSB report should be made by those that have the problem. I just did and they have no bulletin on it when it seems to be pretty pervasive.

·
1,331 Posts
The Transfer case will be over $3000. Seems that a lot of owners have had the transfer case replaced. If this is true than there is a problem that Nissan should address for all owners. This could be a dangerous condition if 4 wd goes out when needed. NTSB report should be made by those that have the problem. I just did and they have no bulletin on it when it seems to be pretty pervasive.
Not sure I’d say a lot, but maybe .01% have but no thousands have not.

·
200 Posts
10/16 build date 2016 Pro 4X with 40,000 miles. On the list above, I had a slight pull to the right, dealer fixed on first visit. A/C has acted a little strange a couple of times but I'm in AZ and it runs year round. Radio rebooted once.
One of the most, almost trouble free new vehicles I've owned to date, and that's been quite a few.

·
302 Posts
10/16 build date 2016 Pro 4X with 40,000 miles. On the list above, I had a slight pull to the right, dealer fixed on first visit. A/C has acted a little strange a couple of times but I'm in AZ and it runs year round. Radio rebooted once.
One of the most, almost trouble free new vehicles I've owned to date, and that's been quite a few.
Did the radio reboot while in a longer phone call? There is an update for that....

·
1 Posts
My 2016 xd just gave me the 4wd error. Took it to the dealership. They suggested a new controller and switch. I am wondering if this was reccomended to anyone prior to getting the new transfer case?

·
253 Posts
Anthony516...at least in my case that is what they tried first...just to rule it out. It popped the 4WD error on the way home from the dealership with the new switch....HA! The next part order was for a transfer case--they apologized and said NNA told them to try to switch first. No problems since...don't know how early yours 16 is (mine built in March 2016) but a number of the early ones had to get the cases replaced--more than one thread on here about that.

·
1 Posts
i have a 2017 titan diesel and had a new engine put in at 32,000 miles that i had to fight the dealershit for. then the dealership kept fucking it up sp 4 months of dealing with them and getting it back for a day until something else went wrong that they didn't out together properly less than a thousand miles later the 4 wheel drive went out and they had to replace front differential not its looking like the fuel pump went out and i priced one for over $5,000 and a bad shaking that no one can fix i wish i got a Toyota tundra

·
580 Posts
The only issue that mine has had persistently is the dead pedal, and like others have noted, I have nearly been killed by it once. Now I take no chances turning across traffic and just wait. Dealer claims this is "normal" no matter how much I complain about it. Filed a report with NHTSA over the near-miss but unless there is an accident involving injury they simply don't care.

·
1,088 Posts
The only issue that mine has had persistently is the dead pedal, and like others have noted, I have nearly been killed by it once. Now I take no chances turning across traffic and just wait. Dealer claims this is "normal" no matter how much I complain about it. Filed a report with NHTSA over the near-miss but unless there is an accident involving injury they simply don't care.
Have you tried an idrive or pedal commander? Solved my issue 100%

·
580 Posts
Have you tried an idrive or pedal commander? Solved my issue 100%
I have not but I am aware of its existence. I have been skeptical but perhaps it would be worth a try. The dead pedal comes from the torque management system, not the pedal. I have never received a satisfactory answer as to just how it manages to override the TMS and liven up the pedal response, but I guess if it works, it works.

·
1,324 Posts
I have not but I am aware of its existence. I have been skeptical but perhaps it would be worth a try. The dead pedal comes from the torque management system, not the pedal. I have never received a satisfactory answer as to just how it manages to override the TMS and liven up the pedal response, but I guess if it works, it works.
Get a pedal commander and install. It dont improve dead pedal for you - you can throw eggs in me and Jayces face. Lol

·
1,088 Posts
It works... I was skeptical too... probably the best mod you can do

41 - 60 of 78 Posts