Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Lots actually.

Which Colors?

There still isn't an official color list for the XD but Nissan did have a few new shades out at the Texas State Fair, a beautiful blue and grey two tone and a solid silver. Joining the yellow, copper and black we've seen.

When Can I Buy?

XD's will begin showing up at dealers in December. If you're in Idaho, Findlay Nissan in Post Falls has begun accepting pre-orders. Pricing and order guides should be along shortly.

What if I Don't Want Diesel?

Then get gasoline! Nissan North America VP of Sales and Marketing Fred Diaz said the Titan XD will also get a 5.6L gasoline V8. Likely the upgraded one Infiniti uses in the QX80, making 400 hp and 413 lb-ft of twist.

And if I Don't Want a Crew Cab?

All is well, yes the XD will debut in crew cab configuration first but eventually you will be able to choose between three cab configurations and three bed lengths. Regular Cab XD's won't be available until mid-2016.

On Second Thought, The XD is Too Much

Relax Nissan still has you covered. Shortly after the XD goes on sale in December the 'regular' Titan will make its appearance. Dimensionally they will be identical, but the frame and engine will be like a traditional half ton. V6 standard, optional 5.6L V8 (unclear if it will be the older spec 5.6L thats in the NV). It's also supposed to have a physically smaller front clip.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts

·
857 Posts
Some good space in that bay, but i'm not all that surprised since from the exterior alone you can tell that there's bound to be a good amount of space going on under the hood.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
From what I am hearing it will be "newer" that to me means like the QX80...

·
96 Posts
I haven't heard on what gas engine would be used but if it's the new 5.6 it's a nice piece. But the one draw back is the direct injection system direct injection engines get a lot of carbon build up bad

·
772 Posts
Is that a good engine? Don't know too much about the QX80. Always thought it was pretty ugly whenever I did see one.

Its a fantastic motor. The 5.6 is **** near bulletproof unless you go Forced Induction. My mom drives a 2011 QX56, which is the same as the QX80 but infiniti changed the name. Anyways, with the 7 speed, it averages 17mpg (2wd). And has tons of power.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Is that a good engine? Don't know too much about the QX80. Always thought it was pretty ugly whenever I did see one.

Yep, its good ... ;)

·
857 Posts
Great things about those engines is that they're reliable, as most V8's are overall, along with great power delivery.
Guys in the middle east love these, probably because of how well it holds up in the heat they have to deal with.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Great things about those engines is that they're reliable, as most V8's are overall, along with great power delivery.
Guys in the middle east love these, probably because of how well it holds up in the heat they have to deal with.
Is the VK56 in the Titan all aluminum? I know the VH45 is all aluminum, it warms up fast and keeps its cool. With CAT ELC the cooling system barely pressurizes!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Is the VK56 in the Titan all aluminum? I know the VH45 is all aluminum, it warms up fast and keeps its cool. With CAT ELC the cooling system barely pressurizes!
Good question, I am not sure. However, I can tell you that the VK56 in my truck is a great engine :)... 200,000 + miles and more HP then when it was new.

·
772 Posts
From Wiki...

"The VK56DE is a 5.6 L (5552 cc) version built in Decherd, Tennessee. Bore is 98 mm (3.9 in) and stroke is 92 mm (3.6 in). Output is 317 hp - 320 hp (227 kW) at 4900 rpm with 385 to 393 lb·ft (522-533 Nm) of torque at 3600 rpm. It has aluminum-alloy block and heads and low-friction molybdenum-coated pistons. The valvetrain is a dual overhead cam (DOHC) design with a continuously variable valve timing control system (CVTCS) on the intake valves. It also has 4 valves per cylinder with micro-finished camshafts and ductile iron cylinder liners for increased durability."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts