21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
276 Posts
Awesome. Glad you're in business.

Reactions: RLC2020

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think I did okay for $350 with good tires on them and sensors. Truck is taller now too, speedo is off by 4mph at 70, but I can live with that.

·
276 Posts
With stock tires mine is off 2mph at 70.

·
665 Posts
Just an FYI, going to 20" wheels you lose 800 lbs of GCVWR
Yep... and a goodly portion of that comes out of payload, though I forget what the exact numbers are. Do you happen to have them?

I think I did okay for $350 with good tires on them and sensors. Truck is taller now too, speedo is off by 4mph at 70, but I can live with that.
Looks good! Don't forget to have your FMVSS sticker re-certified so you're street legal again.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Looks good! Don't forget to have your FMVSS sticker re-certified so you're street legal again.
FMVSS, seriously? I switched stock wheels for stock wheels, I don't haul commercially or anywhere near my capacities. I'm not getting the government involved in my personal business...

·
8 Posts
Yep... and a goodly portion of that comes out of payload, though I forget what the exact numbers are. Do you happen to have them?
I actually don't. I was also wondering what the actual numbers were. If they are enough to make it worth it, I was thinking of putting different rims on them as well.

I also don't know why they make such a huge difference. Is it strictly the weight of them, or is it the engine needing to move the bigger tires? Can't imagine it's the engine since it seems to have plenty of power?

·
51 Posts
FMVSS, seriously? I switched stock wheels for stock wheels, I don't haul commercially or anywhere near my capacities. I'm not getting the government involved in my personal business...
I swear I never knew people actually went this far with shit until I got on this forum. Recertifying shit cause you changed rims? Jesus.....

·
412 Posts
I swear I never knew people actually went this far with shit until I got on this forum. Recertifying shit cause you changed rims? Jesus.....
Talk to your insurance agent about what would happen if you get in an accident while towing and you're over cert, even if the accident wasn't your fault. If they tell you it's no big deal, get yourself another insurance agent ASAP. Because insurance companies will check that, every mod you've made, every bit of data in your veihicle's computer and more. They'll do anything to avoid paying a claim. Some agents will just tell you what you want to hear, but you can guarantee that won't fly once your claim hits the "home office". Most insurance companies will deny any claim if they can prove anything you did, including putting on non-stock tires, took you out of cert.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
wow, so you call the government and report yourself every time you change your tires? SMH.
Did you also report your friends to the FBI for borrowing dvd's and making unlicensed mixtapes back in the 90's?

·
51 Posts
wow, so you call the government and report yourself every time you change your tires? SMH.
Did you also report your friends to the FBI for borrowing dvd's and making unlicensed mixtapes back in the 90's?
Lmfao that’s what I’m saying. Dude I’m sorry but some folks on here really over think things.

·
412 Posts
No, I don't do mods so I have no need to re-cert. But, based upon what my insurance agent has advised, if I do mod I'll definitely go through the process. Again, even if its the other drivers' fault you can still be denied if they can prove you were beyond limits.

So it's a "be smart and protect yourself from the stupidity of others" issue. But, perhaps you like being blamed (and paying for) accidents you don't cause. If so, run with it! I'm sure anyone who hits you will be very appreciative of your generosity.

BTW, borrowing a DVD is not illegal. And making a mix tape for yourself is legal if you purchased the source music. I don't need to wallow in the gutter and steal just to listen to the music I like.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
BTW, borrowing a DVD is not illegal. And making a mix tape for yourself is legal if you purchased the source music. I don't need to wallow in the gutter and steal just to listen to the music I like.
yeah, obviously, it was a joke. And no one steals music anymore, this isn't 2004. Streaming is free and legal. But thank you for explaining how ridiculous my example was, perhaps that should have been a clue that I was mocking you. But thank you for doubling down, I got a good laugh.

BTW, I asked my buddy at the CDRJ dealer about this and he literally laughed out loud. He didn't even know this was a thing and they do 2-3 wheel swaps a month on new trucks that they sell as dealer upgraded.

·
412 Posts
Missed the joke intent and the mocking. But I generally only expect mocking from a child so that's probably why I didn't pick up on that when I read your comment.

As the saying goes - "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". I prefer the former so things cannot come back to bite me. If you prefer the latter due to putting what your "buddy" says about what the insurance company will do vs what an insurance agency tells you what they'll do, that's your call. Hopefully no one hits you and it's never an issue.

·
1,436 Posts
Also. DON’T rip the tags off of mattresses. (But why would you because it’s clearly stated not to do so).

I’m off to the DMV to report my 275/70-18 tire increase from the 275/65-18’s that came on my TrailBoss. I’d hate to go to prison for that inch difference.

·
412 Posts
Also. DON’T rip the tags off of mattresses. (But why would you because it’s clearly stated not to do so).
It does not apply to the buyer. That law applies to mattress sellers so they cannot misrepresent what they are trying to sell. That has been known for decades so it's surprising some are still so clueless about that little piece of paper.

Yeah, if someone dies in an accident and either insurance company involved discovers you were beyond limits, you definitely risk jail time. Even if you didn't directly cause the accident. So I'm a bit surprised you'd crack a joke about something that could be so devastating. But, as with rlc2020, go for it! I'm sure anyone who hits you will appreciate your generosity.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
This thread is officially off the rails.

·
1,436 Posts
It does not apply to the buyer. That law applies to mattress sellers so they cannot misrepresent what they are trying to sell. That has been known for decades so it's surprising some are still so clueless about that little piece of paper.

Yeah, if someone dies in an accident and either insurance company involved discovers you were beyond limits, you definitely risk jail time. Even if you didn't directly cause the accident. So I'm a bit surprised you'd crack a joke about something that could be so devastating. But, as with rlc2020, go for it! I'm sure anyone who hits you will appreciate your generosity.
I’m just thankful you are here to pontificate your knowledge to make us peasants smarter.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

You sound like you're a lot of fun to be around.
You are the 1 in a million that actually have read the terms and conditions prior to checking the box..

Now I'll wait for your 2 paragraph response about why you ALWAYS read the terms and conditions due to blah blah blah....

·
412 Posts
I’m just thankful you are here to pontificate your knowledge to make us peasants smarter.
Apparently you don't know the definition of "pontificate". It was a simple suggestion based upon what my insurance agent told me. It looks like some of you are a wee bit sensitive should anyone post something you don't agree with.

Next time, if you don't like what someone says just scroll past it. See how easy that is?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts