Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's tunes are you guys running and pro/cons of that tuner? Wanting some solid info on ctt, ppei , proven ect on the current versions out.

·
264 Posts
I have ppei and hpp. Hpp by far feels like more power but ppei to me feels more refined. I use the 100 hp tune daily.

·
264 Posts
Is ppei pretty linear in the powercurve
Yes it is. I like how the power seems constant all the way through as you go wot. With hpp it comes on really strong in the upper rpms. Ppei don't rev pass 4k where hpp does and I don't like that and I think that's why hpp feels like more power. That's just my observation.

·
105 Posts
PPEI, deleted, running 30hp V3.0 tune
No turbo surge
Smoother shifting(not that it tunes TCM)
19-20 MPG 55-80mph. I’ll have to run a trip at 70-80 and one at 55-60 to know more specific but so far with past two fuel tanks and those varying speeds all highway miles in the hills that’s what I’m getting hand calculated.
Ppei advertises 20hp tune for level one but In The ECU profiles I only see 30hp as the lowest. Not that I care but FYI.
It feels safe and I have the power I need unloaded to get around. Whoever said it doesn’t black smoke though I can’t remember if it was on here or YouTube, it does black smoke WOT for like 2 seconds and it’s faint but none the less it will get you caught for a delete I believe lol

·
1,324 Posts
So you cant put a "Smoke Switch" on a 12v...its all mechanical on the 12v.....
Ok u r correct so only 24 valves do an electric switch. But You can adjust a “smoke” screw and a star wheel somehow for mechanical manipulation for more smoke basically achieving same thing.

·
86 Posts
Been running HPP for like 38k miles problem free. I have a single turbo kit from CFT I have yet to install, probably do that this summer. I’m at under 70,000 miles. I use Amsoil on everything.

·
86 Posts
Also run on tune 3 24/7....Even for towing 15,000+ pounds....My lift and wheels/tires are currently being shipped from custom offsets.

·
3 Posts
So, I'd driven my 2017 XD Pro-4x Cummins Diesel with all the extra features straight outta the show room floor 2 years ago . The dealership had it pre-customized with a 6 inch lift kit, custom wheels and tires, and I opted for letting them add the aFe Power tail pipe, Intake manifold/air filter, and aFe's Tuning chip with 4 driving modes to select from...(All courtesy of Murfreesboro Custom Trucks). It gives me around 17.5 mpg combination city hwy driving while set on the 'performance' range, and I do continue with all warranty obligations using the DEF system as was installed at the factory. I have a bluetooth BlueDriver Professional OBDII scan tool plugged in to be able to reset the occasional emission error caused by running in 'performance' mode extensively, after long highway hauls...

I'm not familiar with everyone's problems on 'regenerate issues', or 'Delete' options, but I'm assuming it has to do with the times I find my truck displaying the trip-computer mpg range very low in the single digits while there's a stronger odor of diesel exhaust fumes present___which has only ever occurred while my tank level falls at or below 1/4 full. I've used a diesel additive to reduce the number of times this happens. My worst gripe about this custom work ended up being the loss of handling control due to a factory MIS-alignment of the front end, or the ineffectiveness / incompetence of the dealership service techs to recheck this after adding new lift kits and the added suspension supports. It was nearly 1 degree out of spec as discovered by Firestone and caused the tires to prematurely wear off at an angle sloping inward...["snowplowing", as Firestone quoted] and of course over time, my truck had begun to incrementally and gradually get very unstable over the slightest imperfection of pavement at normal highway speeds. The service manager had explained to me it was normal and how they've seen more Titans have premature tire wear issues, like it was something I just had to live with...So, I had to purchase new tires at less than half the mileage I should have gotten out of that $2000 set of tires. And I didn't buy from Nissan. So, yeah I question whether if it's ever best to rely on dealership technicians for 'quality, precise' work...IMHO!!!!!!!

·
1,190 Posts
I'd say that the dealerships "pre-customization" is what caused the alignment issues. Hard to blame the factory when it isn't "stock" anymore.

·
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd agree. I had my dealer attempt 3 times to align it properly. I asked him WTF because they should have the specs and be able to get it done because it's was an icon lift, he blamed it on tire pull, I told him to eat a bag of dicks and took it to a real shop

·
253 Posts
Hey, thanks!!...great post. Useful pictures...not as detailed as the shop manual of course but a great general overview of systems and parts with excellent graphics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts