Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had their front windows roll down automatically without even pressing the key fob? this is the second time this happend to me. anyone else? thanks

·
901 Posts
Can you put your windows down with your key fob?
That may explain today for me. I had my key in my pocket working in my dhed and my buddiee wife came in and said both my windows were down and it was a blizzard. I went out and put the windows up and scooped out the snow. I was pretty sure i didnt leave my windows down in a snow storm.
It may have happened to me?

·
284 Posts
That may explain today for me. I had my key in my pocket working in my dhed and my buddiee wife came in and said both my windows were down and it was a blizzard. I went out and put the windows up and scooped out the snow. I was pretty sure i didnt leave my windows down in a snow storm.
You sure can. Weirdly, if you press and hold the unlock for 5 or so seconds, your windows will begin to go down and will continue as long as the button on the fob is depressed. I had some real WTF moments with my keys in my jacket pocket before I figured it out.

·
901 Posts
Haha that’s awesome. Thanks for the heads up i was on a ladder leaning ahead for a while thats likely what happened.

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can do the key fob thing but twice it happened to me with my keys not being in my pocket

·
901 Posts
I can do the key fob thing but twice it happened to me with my keys not being in my pocket
Id there a chance someone else was playing with your other keys??my daughter likes to start my truck sometimes with the key fob.

·
8 Posts
Yes, a similar thing occurred with mine, but it was with rear windows. They did this two times before quitting working all together about a month later.

·
427 Posts
I've never had the windows descend without being activated by the key fob BUT I've had the feature get activated unintentionally a few times. It takes less pressure than you think to depress the button on the fob, I think the button sticks up a little too much? Once I noticed how easy it was to press the button I started taking care not to carry it in locations that could put pressure on it. Not a big deal, sort of like remembering not to put you glasses in a pocket where they can get bent or smashed. (I too had to clean some snow out of my truck once due to inadvertently lowering the windows)

In its defense I've definitely appreciated being able to lower the windows remotely on hot days to start letting the heat out when headed to the truck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
324 Posts
You can also roll up your windows by putting the key in the door lock and turning it to lock the door. The windows will magically roll up.

·
33 Posts
I parked mine one day and unknowingly pressed the remote in my pocket and my windows were down overnight. Good thing my co-worker noticed it the next day and let me know. That was the first and last time it happened. Just be aware where you stuff/place your remote to prevent this from happening. Great truck! I have had mine for over a year with 24,000 miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts